•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

What OS system/s are you using?

This computer is dual booted with Windows 7 Ultimate and Debian 7.5. My laptop has Elementary OS Luna on it.
Heart 
Ubuntu 14.04 - 64-bit & SUSE 13, but i hardly to boot to the openSUSE setup, i've grown fond of the ubuntu.
My Laptop has two OS i.e. Windows 7 and Windows 8. Microsoft Windows XP is active on my desktop PC at home placed on the side of my Win-7 All-in-one PC.
Hi,

I use a laptop with windows 7.

kiss
Kikki
I have swappable hard drives in my desktop. On one is Windows 8.1 which I use only for gaming when I can't get something to work in Wine.

My other hard drive has Kubuntu 14.04 on it currently and that's what I use for most of my development work and web browsing. I also use this for gaming when I can get Wine properly configured to work with the game in question. For most games I can get to work, I usually actually get slightly better performance on Linux than I do on Windows, but only slightly ^_^

I also have a 64gig USB flash drive that I have partitioned to work as a Kubuntu live disk that I use as a mobile workstation for when I visit clients in their homes or offices. I also have it setup to multiboot with several utility programs like an antivirus and anti-malware scanner, password cracker, disk scanner, etc. Very handy for helping people fix problems on the go ^_^
Windows 7.
osx...

I've preferred macs for a long time....got no time for all the viruses, driver incompatibilities, security updates and IE weirdness (which, admittedly, is getting better) that a Win system entails

8 is a big improvement over 7/vista (if you can get used to the big brightly-colored boxes), but I'm really liking OSX's unix backend and apple's intuitive fronted...

my 0.02
I using Windows 8.1 on our home PC, and onto my phone Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 tablet i using Android kitkat 4.4.2
I was using Windows 7 professional about a month ago but I recently just upgraded to Windows 8.1 Enterprise and man it is pretty amazing.
(05-25-2014, 07:22 PM)Ketchup Wrote: I was using Windows 7 professional about a month ago but I recently just upgraded to Windows 8.1 Enterprise and man it is pretty amazing.

Am curious to hear what is it about Windows 8.1 Enterprise that is amazing. First really good feedback I've heard about 8.1 and since I haven't used it, nor was planning to after all of the bad reports, would be interesting to know what the good experiences are, particularly for a first time user. Unknown
I am using Windows 7 and 8. I would lie to get a chance to use Mac OS one day in the future.
I am using win7 ultimate 64bits as main OS.

I am also using multiple virtual machines and for now, ubuntu and Kali are the one I am playing with and testing for security matters. I like the way Ubuntu is made, general public and of course, Kali is pro directed OS which really cool.
I like ubuntu too. It is one of the best friendly user linux distribution.

[Image: userbar.png]
[Image: polandbar4.gif]
(05-29-2014, 02:51 PM)iGdesigner Wrote: I like ubuntu too. It is one of the best friendly user linux distribution.

Very true and what I find cool about this linux distro, is the amount of feedback, help and solutions you get if you have any problems. Sometimes it is easier than windows itself which is GUI based OS.
I use Windows 8.1 currently on all my machines as it beautifully synces my data across all my devices.
primary is ubuntu 14.04, i have other partitions with windows7/8 and a test bed for linux distros
i'm using win 7 till now, still quite fond of it.
imo win 7 is quite light, event for 3 years old pc can running steady
windows 7 ultimate with dula boot Kali linux :)
Wink 
I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium in my laptop. OEM machine.
I'm using Windows 8.1 at home and OS X 10.9 at work.
I'm using Windows 8.1 on my PC and Android 4.1 on mobile. Love the latter one, but hate the former. Windows is just very troublesome.
I use Windows 8 and Ubuntu on my PC and Windows Phone 8.1 on my phone.
I use ubuntu 14.04 LTS in my laptop and it is good Biggrin
Windows 7 everywhere ftw!
Windows XP and Win 7 on my PC.
Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu on my laptop.
Android 4.2.2 on my smartphone.

My favorite so far is Ubuntu and Android, I keep windows because most of my favorite games need it.
I'm using Windows 8.1 on my laptop and Windows 7 on my desktop computer.
Using Android 4.1 on my cellphone :)
I am working on windows 7 in my main machine, the applications and solutions I am using requires at least win7.

However, I play wit ubuntu too and whiling to try win 10 preview very soon.
I'm using windows 7 at university, home work and placement so I like it the best due to using it so much. I use iOS on my Iphone and android on my tablet. I enjoy exploring other OS's and I have used several Linux distributions just to play around on them and get a feel for how they work.
I have windows 8.1 on my ultrabook, windows 10 preview on my virtual machine, osx10 on an other virtual machine, windows vista on my desktop. I prefer windows xp to all of them
(10-17-2014, 05:58 AM)Mingo357 Wrote: I prefer windows xp to all of them
So do I. My Windows XP was still going strong up to the point when I stopped using it about three months ago. Felt like sacrilege to have thrown out perfectly good operating software because its manufacturer had decided not to support it any longer. I recall that some Governments like the Dutch Government are paying for Windows XP support. Read that in the article below but am wondering whether that is still continuing, as I heard one of the reasons that Microsoft had to discontinue it support is that technology has changed so much that Windows XP security was a problem.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2139929/w...r-you.html

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next