Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What CMS do you use?

Wordpress is the usual choise for CMS. Although in some cases, getting a CMS and modding the codes is a better idea for customization. It is a bit troublesome to update the software though...
[Image: 6798.gif]
(06-07-2016, 02:20 AM)somik Wrote: Wordpress is the usual choise for CMS. Although in some cases, getting a CMS and modding the codes is a better idea for customization. It is a bit troublesome to update the software though...

Now that has me stumped Somik.  I'm a WordPress user and it's the easiest script for updating.  What do you mean with it's troublesome to update the "software"?

(06-07-2016, 04:29 AM)Genesis Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 02:20 AM)somik Wrote: Wordpress is the usual choise for CMS. Although in some cases, getting a CMS and modding the codes is a better idea for customization. It is a bit troublesome to update the software though...

Now that has me stumped Somik.  I'm a WordPress user and it's the easiest script for updating.  What do you mean with it's troublesome to update the "software"?

As a PHP designer, sometimes I had to modify wordpress source codes to implement a feature that I wanted in my site. Now if you wnat to run a custom PHP script inside wordpress and you do not know how to make wordpress plugins, the quick and dirty way is to modify the code. For example, you can set-up dummy pages without content and put your code to replace the content with your php script.

In one case, i modified the sidebar codes to add in my own PHP code (not script). So basically i wrote down my entire code in the sidebar.php script's code. Now when i updated the theme and wordpress, the code got replaced with standard template. From then on i keep the script seperate and include it with

PHP Code:
require_once("myscript.php"); 

That way it's just a few lines of codes i need to replace back.
[Image: 6798.gif]
I use wordpress if other people need to modify it else I do not use a CMS.
I use Wordpress when I want to be able to edit the content on a website through an admin panel without going through code. I believe that this can be good to customize, but I have issues when everything doesn't load when adding custom code/styling. When I have problems with certain files loading, I check as well as add information to the functions.php file, and that usually solves the problem.

- Mreno28
Well, we have a little nice Wordpress community here. 
I also use Wordpress for my website.
I want to start learning PrestaShop from now on. It's nice to know more than one CMS.
I use Joomla
I think the best joomla because of modules positions that are very flexible
(07-30-2016, 09:38 PM)mohammedhanfy Wrote: I predominantly used Joomla for years. I always regarded WordPress as a dedicated blog software but it certainly has evolved over the years and today it is as much a CMS as it is a blogging software.
Well said. I've been using WordPress for static Websites for a few years now, and so have very large blue chip companies such as Forbes, CNN, Sony Playstation and General Motors.

My CMS preferred is or Joomla or Wordpress that are with which more work, which more know and more or less them more simple and basic of use.  Wink
I use a custom cms using mysql or wordpress if setting up a website for someone else.
I have used Joomla before for websites but it seems that most people who want a website built just want simple editing which they like wordpress for, Also the big range of plugins built into wordpress is a good point for them i think.
Wordpress is my favorite just because it's easy to set up and manage.

You can turn out 10 Wordpress site's in a single night if you weren't even trying.

Also there are tons of theme's/plugins to improve the user experience.

Can't go wrong with Wordpress!
Wordpress all day, easy to set up, you can easily get used to its files structure  and customize it pretty quickly, also there are tons of themes and plugins out there which make your work much easier, you only have to add some javascript and css to do your custom DOM manipulations and change the look and feel of the site.
Wordpress is still on the top for it's huge collection of themes and plugins. I still recommend Wordpress.
Business Websites
Shop - https://biobeo.com | Hosting Panel - https://biobeo.net | Domain Panel - https://biobeo.org

My online portfolio
https://yusha.me

Made with
in Canada
I use drupal, it is very safe Pardon
For a social intranet humhub is pretty awesome.

www.humhub.org
Its not the best however im fond of the vbulletin cms. Ease of use fully intergrated with forum users.
In all WordPress is free, but people who are skilled across inserted into themes and plugins malicious worms Diablo , do not use null if you do not have experience.
it depent on what type of website you want to build.

i prefer to use joomla to build my website like forum or social networking website

and for blogin i use wordpress instead.

btw i saw almost people get drupal to build the website, what the pros and cons use drupal for website?
i never use drupal because i dont know how to use it, everything so manual in drupal and it confuse me.
wordpress is a good CMS.
BUT, I don't use it at all and write my own CMS.
in fact if you can write php code,you can simply write your own CMS and customize it.
this is a very good benefit that you can create every site and content management system that your customers want.
you can be creative not only do a copy/paste!
I've starting using Joomla from 1.5 version, with news updates the platform is more stable, but I've some problems with seo, in wordpress is more easy
I have used Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal for setting up customer websites before (as part time freelancer while studying) and realized that most people just wanted a either "pretty" front-end including a simple back-end or something they are used to.
I had my fair share of issues dealing with customers who just updated their cms without checking the compability of the plug-ins or wanted to back-up and move servers. Due to those many issues I started to recently look into static site generators which don't require any sort of database, which are easy to back up and safe since they're just plain old html files.
(10-02-2017, 09:29 AM)shinnn Wrote: Due to those many issues I started to recently look into static site generators which don't require any sort of database, which are easy to back up and safe since they're just plain old html files.
Would be great if you could share your findings with us for good static site generators. I've been using WordPress blog script as a static site, like when I load the script the first thing i do is to turn off all the comments, set up a page as my static home page and beef up security. It would be wonderful if I could have the equivalent of that WP installation where I use a site generator script to create a static Website from the beginning as html. I find that those old static Websites can look after themselves for long periods of times without any fear of being compromised security wise, whilst for WordPress or any of the other similar database sites one has to look after them almost every day and make sure one has updates for the theme, script and all of the plugins - like my WP sites are much harder work than my old html static sites without databases.

WordPress is a great medium for most small-time bloggers. However, the more modules / extensions you install the more avenues for vulnerabilities. This is why I wouldn't use WordPress on a large scale project unless I knew someone that could properly secure my WordPress installation.
[Image: iF3PIkH.png][Image: LIcMXkA.png][Image: cRrx57B.png]

"If you are a leader, you should never forget that everyone needs encouragement. And everyone who receives it - young or old, successful or less-than-successful, unknown or famous - is changed by it."
-John C. Maxwell
(10-17-2017, 07:37 PM)ValleyDesign Wrote: WordPress is a great medium for most small-time bloggers. However, the more modules / extensions you install the more avenues for vulnerabilities. This is why I wouldn't use WordPress on a large scale project unless I knew someone that could properly secure my WordPress installation.
That is interesting @ValleyDesign. If I may ask, what do you use instead of WordPress?

(10-17-2017, 07:40 PM)Genesis Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 07:37 PM)ValleyDesign Wrote: WordPress is a great medium for most small-time bloggers. However, the more modules / extensions you install the more avenues for vulnerabilities. This is why I wouldn't use WordPress on a large scale project unless I knew someone that could properly secure my WordPress installation.
That is interesting @ValleyDesign. If I may ask, what do you use instead of WordPress?  

To be honest I usually don't utilize CMS'.

My old job required me to manage a website running Joomla. However, when I departed they were left in the dark due to the complex nature of its Back end interface. They paid me to come back and set them up with a Squarespace page that was a lot easier for the "technically challenged" management to maintain.
[Image: iF3PIkH.png][Image: LIcMXkA.png][Image: cRrx57B.png]

"If you are a leader, you should never forget that everyone needs encouragement. And everyone who receives it - young or old, successful or less-than-successful, unknown or famous - is changed by it."
-John C. Maxwell
(10-18-2017, 12:02 PM)ValleyDesign Wrote: set them up with a Squarespace page that was a lot easier for the "technically challenged" management to maintain.
First time I've heard of Squarespace so that makes it interesting. When I checked up on it it had a Wix feeling to it but imagine it's more professional and dynamic than that?

most of the $20 "web developers" use CMS because it simple to use and configure..

but you can do it also with bootstrap.. faster and cleaner...

I use Wordpress most of the time for small shops.
I have tried Drupal, Wordpress, and Joomla. After using this 3 CMS i have think Joomla is better and comfortable for me.
I think Joomla can be used for small sites and large sites, from blog's to complex sites.
(01-06-2018, 08:43 PM)evilgeek Wrote: I use WordPress. A lot of plugins, features, very fast. I regulary getting updates. I use nulled version because have no money for normal version.

Note that if you plan to use nulled plugins with a WordPress site hosted here, that is against our Terms of Service and your hosting account may be terminated if you upload nulled plugins.
[Image: gr_sig.gif]
[Image: userbar222222.png]