Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

SSH clients

As I know direct SSH connection work faster and safer than using of some soft/clients, especially if you download not licensed applications. Also you can't be sure that your client will work equally on different types of servers (using terminal you will not face this problem).
Hello, I use Shuttle on Mac OS. As for me, it is easy
I have used couple of tools including putty, super putty, mRemoteNG,MobaXterm personal,FireSSH and others which i cant remember.
I would recommend mRemoteNG which is also based on putty somehow but i liked it the most.
mRemoteNG is free and also supports the file transfer through SSH
you can get it here => mremoteng.org

Good Luck
if i connect from windows machine then putty it is, from linux i just use the terminal built in ssh.
Basicly i only use Putty for Linux and Cisco.

It's simple but works like a charm...to be honest, i've never tried another.
I am kinda new to ssh tunneling...I started using it to forward ports which was not possible before as i was using a 3g usb modem...i use linux terminal and on my phone i have connectbot.
I am using SSH client, PuTTY and TeraTerm.
If anything, it is TeraTerm. Because the terminal supports menus in local languages.
In addition to this, I also use WinSCP, but when switching multiple connection destinations quickly, I run multiple sessions.
I use putty. It's a good manager for the public and private keys Pardon
Putty for ssh and wincp for ftp of vps :)
(04-22-2015, 05:46 PM)Gregoric Wrote: So, what is your choice? Maybe something for Linux distros?

you can use: 
  • ssh command in openSSH package

Yeah Putty makes me crazy but it is the only good choice for windows.
Make a ssh key and put it in puttygen to get the ppk and then you can create a session with ip,name and the key and if you enter the usename that you made the key for you will not need to enter the password.
I use putty, I do not know which password refers to putty does not store because it has the opgion to save accounts, and stores the ip or url and the username and password.
I use linux terminal for connect to my server it's fast and easy
Switching to linux on the home PC I bet on
http://www.termius.com/

Very easy installation with snap option to save sessions. and what is the most important, free.
Putty I used in the Windows system .
I've actually always been using Linux and I just looked at the homepage of termius and I couldn't find any feature the free OpenSSH implementation is missing.
Ok maybe the simple command line is quite hard to use on a mobile, but do you really need to log into a server with a smart phone?
For me OpenSSH offers maximum transparency (open-source), best stability and the most SSH-related features (and is therefore used in almost every UNIX-like OS)
(03-20-2018, 11:51 PM)Julian98 Wrote: I've actually always been using Linux and I just looked at the homepage of termius and I couldn't find any feature the free OpenSSH implementation is missing.
Ok maybe the simple command line is quite hard to use on a mobile, but do you really need to log into a server with a smart phone?
For me OpenSSH offers maximum transparency (open-source), best stability and the most SSH-related features (and is therefore used in almost every UNIX-like OS)

With the termius I had only one problem.
I could not find the possibility of going to a nano search for something I was doing with CRTL + W in my therius, I closed my console.

On some forum I found a solution to this puzzle, use CRT + ALT + W.

In the built-in terminal I miss or do not know that it is possible to save the session eg openvz12, openvz13 etc. how it has putty that I click and have sessions.

During work, I use a lot of consoles, sometimes it is open from 5 to 10 and each time the standard terminal is quite tiring.
I actually use Mostly JuiceSSH for Mobile, I dont really have a pc so I use Turbo Client To access all my files, its really quite handy
Simply using ssh directly from the Linux command line, as long as you remember your password (or have your password manager at hand) you are as good as any other software :) I'd suggest to use screen or tmux alongside it, they are lifesavers in some circumstances!