•  Previous
  • 7(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Windows 7 or windows 10?

Windows 7 might be a better Choice for older Systems, but Windows 10 offers much better Performance when the Machine can deliver. It feels snappier and I think they´ve done something to the Graphics,...
I hate Win10. Way slower than Win7. Our church has an i5 with 8GB. About 2 years old. Fairly fast. It's used to project powerpoint slides. (Well, it has other computers, but this is the one I get to use. Don't know if the same problem affected the other computers. Everyone I asked say they noticed Win10 is slower. None said it was faster). Sometime last year, it was decided to upgrade all the computers there from Win7 to Win10.

The PPT-PC used to take about 30s to boot. Shutdown was faster. Browse to any folder, they snap open instantly. Double click on a PPT file, and it starts playing in less than 1s.

Now, it takes about 1m to boot. Sometimes, it takes a few minutes. One time, it took nearly 2 hours, trying to update to FCU. Yes, our Internet was slow, but it didn't gave an option to defer the upgrade till later. We had to run to the office to get a laptop.

After the "upgrade", browse to any folder, they sometimes show up instantly, sometimes not. Sometimes, it'll just freeze for like 5 to 10 seconds, while something happens in the background. Double click on a PPT file, PPT now never takes less than 3s to load. To play the slideshow, it's anywhere from 5 to 20s.

We have a pastor who sometimes like insert some random song in the middle of his sermon. The congregation is supposed to sing with him. We're supposed to put the words up on screen. The songs are all already on the hard disk, indexed by the first line. So it isn't all that difficult. We used to be able to do it quite fast. With the Win10, he's sometimes done with the chorus and into the second verse before anything even shows up on the projector screen. Undecided
[-] The following 1 user Likes jenniferuq1309's post:
  • Genesis
Im used windows 7 still 5year. I try windows 10 but dont like because,
too violent and too "modern" for me. I remain a windows 7 user
(09-27-2015, 01:16 PM)yash333 Wrote: Can anyone tell me that should i update from windows 7 to windows 10? And is there any way to disable spy feature in windows 10??If yes please tell here..

yes it is recommended you have to upgrade your operating system from Windows 7 to Windows 10, upgrading the operating system makes the operating system on your computer be protected because Windows 10 has used the latest features, but if your computer's hardware specifications are lower it is better to still use Windows 7 and update Windows 7 is the latest, because Windows 10 is much heavier and takes up more resources than Windows 7, do you mean the spy feature is like a keylogger?
(01-29-2019, 08:36 PM)airthegame Wrote: Im used windows 7 still 5year. I try windows 10 but dont like because,
too violent and too "modern" for me. I remain a windows 7 user
I also use the Windows 7 operating system because the specifications of my computer are low, only use 2GB RAM and Intel dual core 2.27 GHz processor, I don't think it's time to upgrade to Windows 10, when I try to upgrade to Windows 10, Windows 10 features are much more complete from Windows 7, but with low hardware specifications Windows 10 feels very heavy because when operating on my computer some programs run slow and hang, and finally I downgrade to Windows 7 again hahaaaa ... Yahoo
Depends on the purpose and the use.

If your machine only presents powerpoints that don’t require internet or email. Maybe, if you can reimage the machine every 6 months to every quarter of the year, then your Windows 7 risk is lower. If your specs were too low and your budget were too low to uograde parts, then 7 might work.

Windows 10 has some neat features for more powerful machines moving forward.
Wonder what you picked.
As for the better operating system, I would definitely pick Windows 7. It's solid, stable and is not infamous for spying on people.

As for which operating system to actually install in 2019, though, I would go with Windows 10 despite all the controversies. Windows 7 is going to be discontinued soon, and Windows 10 will be the only OS to support all the new developments.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jelle619's post:
  • Genesis
Windows 10 can have more bugs than Windows 7. But I think for the graphics and the rest it's more usable in 2019
It's only good to update if you are into PC gaming. Otherwise to protect your privacy I would stick with Win7 as in Win10 your data is collected anytime.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mannpaul's post:
  • Genesis
I keep both, in my home win 7 and office win 10... 

Win 7 is light for old machine (unfortunely, microsoft stopped support) meanwhile brandnew PC must have using win 10

•  Previous
  • 7(current)