Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Do You Believe in Extraterrestrial Aliens?

Good question as to why NASA has not received signals, but could it be they have and are not telling us? In the past the military said some who reported UFOs were seeing weather balloons, when they knew this was not true.
Well, that is also a possibility, but We don't have any proof either if Nasa is hiding something. And If there is really ET out there, where are they now? Why haven't they show themselves?
(01-11-2016, 12:08 AM)riddict Wrote: Great!
A ham radio can be used to get signal from space, but why the advance technology from NASA couldn't get a single signal until now?

(01-11-2016, 05:56 AM)Jasmine333 Wrote: Good question as to why NASA has not received signals, but could it be they have and are not telling us? In the past the military said some who reported UFOs were seeing weather balloons, when they knew this was not true.

We have received 1 radio signal from outer space and it has no clear message although it is named the Wow signal as the founder wrote "wow" next to it when he found it. but maybe they couldn't get any more signals as they may be none to receive and if they were to receive any radio signals then they would almost certainly be from light years away and if they were sent from light years away then it would obviously take a very, very long time to get from them to us and by the time we would receive the radio signal they may be extinct. Or maybe they're hiding something.... but I personally doubt that.
[Image: ZLGpEQp.png]
A lot of good observations from posters here, keep them coming. I've always had an interest about life outside our world, and it could be they are just as interested in us as we are in them.

That's interesting, Tytoowns that you say you did get a signal without a clear message. However, you did get a signal.

On the subject of certain architecture on this planet, the Great Pyramid specifically, it has been speculated to have been built by aliens, and it's quite possible. It was suggested that man could not have had the means to place those stones so precisely as they are, as at the time the Great Pyramid was built man did not have the building knowledge and tools needed.

Another unknown are the large statues on Easter Island. Where did they come from, and who put them there? There are many other unexplainable things in this world that may point to the fact extraterrestrial aliens are real.
(01-12-2016, 04:22 AM)Jasmine333 Wrote: On the subject of certain architecture on this planet, the Great Pyramid specifically, it has been speculated to have been built by aliens, and it's quite possible. It was suggested that man could not have had the means to place those stones so precisely as they are, as at the time the Great Pyramid was built man did not have the building knowledge and tools needed.

Another unknown are the large statues on Easter Island. Where did they come from, and who put them there? There are many other unexplainable things in this world that may point to the fact extraterrestrial aliens are real.

I've considered the reason for this could still be the destruction of knowledge, human beings tend to do such silly things...
So, we may have had the means to build the pyramids and large statues, but destroyed what makes that part of history make sense.

(01-06-2016, 05:36 PM)Genesis Wrote: I'm worried about drones though, one of these days they will be made so tiny, we wouldn't be able to see them. Here's a start with a drone hummingbird.

http://content.time.com/time/video/playe...53,00.html
I can only begin to imagine what chaos it'd be like if the tiniest drones were easily within reach of anyone Shock

Have you seen the show "Black Mirror"? It's about futuristic what if's answered in the worst way possible.
I very much enjoyed it.
(01-11-2016, 09:35 AM)Tytoowns Wrote: We have received 1 radio signal from outer space and it has no clear message although it is named the Wow signal as the founder wrote "wow" next to it when he found it. but maybe they couldn't get any more signals as they may be none to receive and if they were to receive any radio signals then they would almost certainly be from light years away and if they were sent from light years away then it would obviously take a very, very long time to get from them to us and by the time we would receive the radio signal they may be extinct. Or maybe they're hiding something.... but I personally doubt that.

There is another theory about this signal.
What if there are a lot of signal from the outer space, but It is just that our receiver doesn't have the technology to cactch from their signal. We can say it like they send a signal using bluetooth, but what we use to catch it is an infrared dongle (Just an analogy).
If aliens ever invaded this is what I think would happen and how we would tackle the situation lol.

Barnum Designs
What if it were proven aliens are living among us right now, looking very similar or just like us, and we don't know it.

Have you ever seen the movie Starman, and noticed how Jeff Bridges, who played the alien, walked kind of stiff and raising his legs high as he walked in some of the scenes? Well, several years ago at a Walmart I was walking along when I noticed a woman walking toward me with sort of a stiff, high-stepping gait. She was wearing those kind of sunglasses I used to see a lot that were slit-like and you could see your reflection in them but couldn't the wearer's eyes. She kept coming closer and closer until I had to move over or be walked over.

Alien? Human? I don't know.
It´s also possible that Aliens tried to contact us here, but perhaps our technology is just not compatible to receive any of such signals...

on the other hand, some very respected people like eg. pilots, astronauts, high ranking military's and politicians said there are aliens circulating and visiting earth on a regular basis. maybe the "ruling elite" is just afraid that their grip on us normal people couldn´t be maintained if they admit this is happen
You know what Blix? I think you're very right.
(01-10-2016, 04:20 AM)Yozora Wrote: I wonder if there have been cases of aliens contacting people through the internet. It would probably be hard to tell if they were real or not...

It would be pretty difficult to tell if contact from aliens on the internet were authentic or not. I go more for the seeing-is-believing.

Ever hear about what was called "the men in black"? Unsolved Mysteries once had on a documentary on aliens which was very interesting, where a couple of people told of their encounter with these men. Naturally not every man dressed in black is an alien, but what an experience it would be to think you might have seen one of these "men in black".
(01-23-2016, 10:25 PM)Jasmine333 Wrote:
(01-10-2016, 04:20 AM)Yozora Wrote: I wonder if there have been cases of aliens contacting people through the internet. It would probably be hard to tell if they were real or not...

It would be pretty difficult to tell if contact from aliens on the internet were authentic or not. I go more for the seeing-is-believing.

Ever hear about what was called "the men in black"? Unsolved Mysteries once had on a documentary on aliens which was very interesting, where a couple of people told of their encounter with these men. Naturally not every man dressed in black is an alien, but what an experience it would be to think you might have seen one of these "men in black".
Yeah, that's true.

Oh, really? I've seen the Men in Black movies, but I didn't know that there were sightings of men in black... What kinds of encounters did people have?
[Image: gr_sig.gif]
[Image: userbar222222.png]
About the encounters people had with the men in black, one guy that lived in Austin, Texas said throughout his life he had experiences with ufo sightings and had become a celebrity of sorts in that he had videos about ufos and aliens in his apartment, and at times would meet with groups to have talks about such things. He worked as a mechanic and said one day a group of men in black showed up at his job. They told him he was being audited and needed to go to a place downtown to meet with someone about the matter.

So the guy went downtown and one of the men in black guys was there, but told this man "ok, you can go now". Needless to say the guy was shocked, and there was no auditing going on, so he went home, where he found his ufo/alien tapes had been tossed around the room like someone was looking for something. The man said he didn't know what these men in black were looking for, but they didn't find it.

The other case involved a woman who was in a city downtown where she encountered a "man in black" walking alone, but said he looked like nothing she had seen before and it gave her the chills. She said his skin was pale and looked almost like plastic more than skin.

Makes you wonder who and what are these "men in black".
I forgot to mention about the guy in Austin, after the men in black left his mechanic shop the guy walked outside immediately to see where the men went, but they were just . . . . . . . . . . . . gone.

His name is Ray Muniz, and you may find out more by searching Ray Muniz, Men in Black, Unsolved Mysteries.
Woah, that's really creepy! I wonder what they are...
I don't know what these men in black are, but they don't sound like something I want to meet up with.
Yeah, that's true...
It would be interesting to know what people who lived hundreds of years ago saw in the skies. Surely they saw things and I'm going to do some research to see what I can find.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jasmine333's post:
  • Yozora
(01-26-2016, 06:09 AM)Jasmine333 Wrote: It would be interesting to know what people who lived hundreds of years ago saw in the skies. Surely they saw things and I'm going to do some research to see what I can find.

I doubt they did actually see anything such as a alien spaceship BUT if there was a alien spaceship and it flew overhead then there chances of actually seeing it would higher because there would be less light pollution.

Its surprising how much light can obstruct things from view
[Image: ZLGpEQp.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tytoowns's post:
  • Yozora
Scientifics says that the space are infinite so that means for sure they are some extraterrestrial life somewhere. Last year a new planet was discovered that is similar to our planet it has water air atmosphere, everything that is needed for live I am pretty sure there life on this planet.The planet is called Kepler-452b.
(04-21-2016, 10:51 AM)TheMisterExplorer Wrote: Scientifics says that the space are infinite so that means for sure they are some extraterrestrial life somewhere. Last year a new planet was discovered that is similar to our planet it has water air atmosphere, everything that is needed for live I am pretty sure there life on this planet.The planet is called Kepler-452b.

It is a shame that it is 1,400 light years away so we wont be seeing up close anytime soon. We have also scanned for radio transmissions on Kepler but we have had no feedback. It is a shame that we know another planet is habitable with potential life but is too far for us to actually check.

Barnum Designs
Do I believe Aliens exist? Yes. 
Why? Because the universe is just too vast for Humans to be the only intelligent life in the universe. 

Now that being said... Do I believe we are being visited by Aliens? UFO sightings, Alien abductions, all that sort of crap?
Absolutely not
(05-08-2016, 12:46 PM)Hope- Wrote: Do I believe Aliens exist? Yes. 
Why? Because the universe is just too vast for Humans to be the only intelligent life in the universe. 
Here, I don't agree. If someone wants to make a case for the existence of an extra-terrestrial (intelligent or not) life form, he needs to give us some tangible proof outside the non-starter argument of 'the Universe being quasi limitless'. Life as we definite it and understand it here on Earth is damn complex and we don't even have a clue (scientifically speaking of course) on how it has started here on this Planet of ours to start speculating on its existence elsewhere in the Universe.

(05-08-2016, 12:46 PM)Hope- Wrote: Now that being said... Do I believe we are being visited by Aliens? UFO sightings, Alien abductions, all that sort of crap?
Absolutely not
Here, we agree.
IN ABSENTIA LUCIS, TENEBRAE VINCUNT
IN THE ABSENCE OF LIGHT, DARKNESS PREVAILS
(05-08-2016, 12:46 PM)Hope- Wrote: Do I believe Aliens exist? Yes.

Now that being said... Do I believe we are being visited by Aliens? UFO sightings, Alien abductions, all that sort of crap?
Absolutely not
First quality post you made Hope, and ironically in the spam section of the Board.  Well done! Tongue

(05-08-2016, 05:37 PM)fouadChk Wrote: Here, I don't agree. If someone wants to make a case for the existence of an extra-terrestrial (intelligent or not) life form, he needs to give us some tangible proof outside the non-starter argument of 'the Universe being quasi limitless'. Life as we definite it and understand it here on Earth is damn complex and we don't even have a clue (scientifically speaking of course) on how it has started here on this Planet of ours to start speculating on its existence elsewhere in the Universe.

Science has produced great stuff for us, even in space exploration, but we'll have to conquer our own mortality first before we can make definitive statements about what "is out there" and "is not out there" on the basis of absence of proof, when we're so limited in what we're able to prove as a mortal limited species on earth. For me personally it may be presumptuous, and even arrogant (not saying you are, more like the position that is taken) to claim we're in charge of what is and is not on the basis of the little experiments we're doing here on earth in the "on" and "off" position.  "Absence of proof" doesn't work for me in the above case.  Not when we're dealing with the infinite universe up there where there is relatively so very little information available "to experiment with" because of our limitations as a mortal species.  We don't even know an "atom's worth" of what's up there.  All we can deal with is what we see and hear and touch with our senses and analyze with our limited mortal brains.  In our little world.  Sort of presumptuous to apply those rules to the rest of the Universe. 

(05-08-2016, 05:37 PM)fouadChk Wrote:
(05-08-2016, 12:46 PM)Hope- Wrote: Now that being said... Do I believe we are being visited by Aliens? UFO sightings, Alien abductions, all that sort of crap?
Absolutely not
Here, we agree.
Me too.

Quote:Here, I don't agree. If someone wants to make a case for the existence of an extra-terrestrial (intelligent or not) life form, he needs to give us some tangible proof outside the non-starter argument of 'the Universe being quasi limitless'. Life as we definite it and understand it here on Earth is damn complex and we don't even have a clue (scientifically speaking of course) on how it has started here on this Planet of ours to start speculating on its existence elsewhere in the Universe.

While it's not conclusive evidence, I can present something tangible to this argument.

Amino acids (the precursors of proteins, and the basic building blocks of life as we know it at the cellular level) have been found in carbon rich meteorites. These findings have been published by reputable sources such as NASA, National Geographic, and the Discovery channel. Google for more results.

Although not irrefutable proof, I believe this presents a strong case to support the idea that life may exist elsewhere in the universe.

For myself, I neither believe nor disbelieve in aliens. I think that whether or not they exist, my individual beliefs will have little impact on them.
(05-08-2016, 09:57 PM)fitkoh Wrote:
Quote:Here, I don't agree. If someone wants to make a case for the existence of an extra-terrestrial (intelligent or not) life form, he needs to give us some tangible proof outside the non-starter argument of 'the Universe being quasi limitless'. Life as we definite it and understand it here on Earth is damn complex and we don't even have a clue (scientifically speaking of course) on how it has started here on this Planet of ours to start speculating on its existence elsewhere in the Universe.

While it's not conclusive evidence, I can present something tangible to this argument.

Amino acids (the precursors of proteins, and the basic building blocks of life as we know it at the cellular level) have been found in carbon rich meteorites. These findings have been published by reputable sources such as NASA, National Geographic, and the Discovery channel. Google for more results.

Although not irrefutable proof, I believe this presents a strong case to support the idea that life may exist elsewhere in the universe.

For myself, I neither believe nor disbelieve in aliens. I think that whether or not they exist, my individual beliefs will have little impact on them.

Thanks for the input!... Just for the record, I've got a PhD in NeuroBiology and I've spent most of my adult life pondering on LIFE from a BioSciences stand point. I've studied life from its molecular foundations to Cells to Tissues to Organisms to Populations to Species. And when I said that we need more than the 'limitless' Universe argument to make a case for the possibility of an extra-terrestrial life, I was trying to convey the idea that what we call 'Life'/'living organism' is more complex than a lay-man can imagine, even at at its most primitive forms (archeo-bacteria for example.)

Life can't be reduced to its chemical components. The fundamental unit of life on Earth is Cells/hardware and the genetic program/software that runs inside them in the form of a genome. When someone succeeds in creating a CELL from its standard raw material (AA, ac. base, etc...) then (for me) the possibility of contemplating life in the Universe will make sense otherwise, it doesn't---share waste of time and money.
(05-08-2016, 10:31 PM)fouadChk Wrote:  Thanks for the input!... Just for the record, I've got a PhD in NeuroBiology and I've spent most of my adult life pondering on LIFE from a BioSciences stand point. I've studied life from its molecular foundations to Cells to Tissues to Organisms to Populations to Species. And when I said that we need more than the 'limitless' Universe argument to make a case for the possibility of an extra-terrestrial life, I was trying to convey the idea that what we call 'Life'/'living organism' is more complex than a lay-man can imagine, even at at its most primitive forms (archeo-bacteria for example.)
GULP!  WOW!  Now i've learned something about foadChk.    We're in learned company here. Smile

The guy I totally revere in the field of astro physics is Neil deGrasse Tyson - a great astrophysicist.  One of my favourite YouTube shows about "is there life on other planets" is the one below.  Kind of science I can relate to. Makes total sense to me.  Could be we're offsprings from Mars? 

Quote: Thanks for the input!... Just for the record, I've got a PhD in NeuroBiology and I've spent most of my adult life pondering on LIFE from a BioSciences stand point. I've studied life from its molecular foundations to Cells to Tissues to Organisms to Populations to Species. And when I said that we need more than the 'limitless' Universe argument to make a case for the possibility of an extra-terrestrial life, I was trying to convey the idea that what we call 'Life'/'living organism' is more complex than a lay-man can imagine, even at at its most primitive forms (archeo-bacteria for example.)

Life can't be reduced to its chemical components. The fundamental unit of life on Earth is Cells/hardware and the genetic program/software that runs inside them in the form of a genome. When someone succeeds in creating a CELL from its standard raw material (AA, ac. base, etc...) then (for me) the possibility of contemplating life in the Universe will make sense otherwise, it doesn't---share waste of time and money.
One of the things I like best about forums like this (and the internet in general) is it's one of the few venues where a PhD and a high school dropout can communicate in an open and unbiased fashion.

When you say that life is more complex than a lay-man can imagine I'll agree with you 100%; I'll also add that I believe life is more complex than any man or woman can imagine, regardless of experience or education. That doesn't stop me from wondering though.

I disagree with you on the idea that contemplating life on other planets is a waste of time and money. The number of technological advances that have cropped up in direct response to the search for life are numerous and pervasive in every facet of modern society.

For the record, I don't think life will ever be understood completely. I also believe that our understanding of life will continue to improve for however long we live. I know that's a little paradoxical, but so, in my opinion, is life.
(05-08-2016, 11:32 PM)fitkoh Wrote: When you say that life is more complex than a lay-man can imagine I'll agree with you 100%; I'll also add that I believe life is more complex than any man or woman can imagine, regardless of experience or education. That doesn't stop me from wondering though.
Very true. It doesn't take a PhD in BioSciences to get a certain sense of the complexity of Life (a great deal of that is gained introspectively as human beings) but to get a rational understanding of that overwhelming complexity one undeniably needs to be educated on the subject.

(05-08-2016, 11:32 PM)fitkoh Wrote: I disagree with you on the idea that contemplating life on other planets is a waste of time and money. The number of technological advances that have cropped up in direct response to the search for life are numerous and pervasive in every facet of modern society.
Like?...

Again my reasoning is from a Biosciences perspective (not an astrophysics and similar) and it's a logical one. If you paid attention at what I've said previously you would note that I've set a precondition for the whole endeavor of 'extraterrestrial life hunting' to make sense.

Besides there are large areas of Fundamental Scientific Research that are hugely underfunded nowadays and if only a tiny fractions of the funds reserved to those headlines grabbing 'Mega Science Projects' got redirected to them we will all be far better off....

(05-08-2016, 11:32 PM)fitkoh Wrote: For the record, I don't think life will ever be understood completely. I also believe that our understanding of life will continue to improve for however long we live. I know that's a little paradoxical, but so, in my opinion, is life.
Spot on!.. Science has its limits given the methodology on which it's based. So, we agree.
Quote:Very true. It doesn't take a PhD in BioSciences to get a certain sense of the complexity of Life (a great deal of that is gained introspectively as human beings) but to get a rational understanding of that overwhelming complexity one undeniably needs to be educated on the subject.
I generally agree with you on this one; however I would like to add that a solid education should include irrational as well as rational ideas and philosophies. This is only my opinion of course, but I don't think that the shaman or priest has a lesser understanding of the complexity of life: merely a different understanding. I also believe that unifying these philosophies would be necessary to form a complete understanding.
Quote:Like?...

Again my reasoning is from a Biosciences perspective (not an astrophysics and similar) and it's a logical one. If you paid attention at what I've said previously you would note that I've set a precondition for the whole endeavor of 'extraterrestrial life hunting' to make sense.

The single largest tech advance would be the computer. From my understanding of history (I wasn't around at the time) a big part of the early development of the computer was specifically funded and engineered for the purpose of successfully launching a craft out of orbit and successfully bringing it back in. While I don't have a full understanding of the math involved, the calculations involved are quite extensive and would take even the most highly educated person a great deal of number crunching using pen and paper.

The computer has vast potential in bioscienes; how would we ever record the sequencing of DNA without one? It would take volumes. Genetic Engineering, to extend upon your metaphor regarding the cell as a computer system, while we have yet to produce a cell from raw materials, we have successfully "hacked" or modified the "software" upon which the cell is made. It is not illogical to assume that these experiments could eventually grow to the creation of a cell, thus proving the feasibility of life existing on other worlds according to your precondition. I'm sure I've read articles about gene splicing experiments performed to try and create lifeforms that would create an environment to support human life on a spaceship, such as super efficient algae to process carbon dioxide into breathable oxygen.
Quote:Besides there are large areas of Fundamental Scientific Research that are hugely underfunded nowadays and if only a tiny fractions of the funds reserved to those headlines grabbing 'Mega Science Projects' got redirected to them we will all be far better off....
You won't get an argument from me on this one.