•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Do you prefer iphone or Android?

I've been using iPhone since 5 years and never faced any critical issue.
Although have tried Android, but still will go for iPhone as I think its more reliable.
Android all the way.
iphone seems very restrictive to me , no filemanager, no third party app store, forced to use itunes to connect to pc. lot of apps have limited functionality on iphone since they cannot run on background like download manager, vpn client. etc . the os forces them out of memory within few minutes of idling. so not for me.
Depends.
For me, I prefer Android as I have "ROM burning" illness :)
Also I need option to customize my device and I don't see any reason to buy Apple in order to jailbreak it.
When words are many, transgression cannot be avoided, but whoever controls his lips acts discreetly.Pr.10:19
The insight of a man certainly slows down his anger, and it is beauty on his part to overlook an offense.Pr.19:11

[Image: Hanzo.gif]
Android of course, but it's basic problem is it's habbit of installing all apps in default memory, which means smartphone ends up very fast in no memory warning...even with sufficient RAM and free space on SD card.

That is principal probem Androids of all lower versions have.

Of course, as more expensive smartphone, more memory, and less problems occur.

Brod@Croatia
iPhone because it have a better operational system
ANDROID!!!!!!!!!!! I have owned an iPhone and iPad. I got rid of both of them. Even though they seemed to be more stable than Android, the system is too restrictive for me. I prefer the higher level of freedom that I get from Android. I now that one may jailbreak an iPhone or iPad and I did that to my devices; however, I encountered problems after jailbreaking. I have rooted android devices, but generally, the Android, for me, is fine without rooting.
I prefer android , Iphone is so expensive in my country due to high taxes ,So I couldnt find any chance to use Iphone :)
Android ffs! It's more stable and has a lot more features which are working a lot smoother etc.
Android for sure.You can do many things in it without rooting it but in ios you cannot do many things in it without jailbreaking
I used an Apple tab for a while but I was not so happy with it. I had problems with some file extensions since it wouldn't detect those. Also even in iPhone camera photo quality is bit less than Samsung (off topic).

My vote goes for Android too. It has all kinds of apps you want and most of those you can get for free or at least a lite version.
Software and cathedrals are much the same – first we build them, then we pray
I use to have the ipod 4 but it got very slowly and quickly got unsupported by newer apps. I decided to upgrade to phone that wasn't IOS and the Nexus 6 caught my attention and it looked great and was different from IOS since it used android. It also had a large screen which I wanted in a new phone.

I decided to buy it and it was the best decision I had made it was fast apps were cheaper and preferred the GUI over IOS. It still holds up today compared to my ipod which would be incredibly slow by now. I prefer android over IOS any day because of the customisation of it and the apps that it came with it.
I prefer Android, considering reasonable device price running Android as its OS, huge app marketplace, and popularity.

Apple products have amazing quality and their design are carved perfectly. When compatibility comes, you have to own its complete suite to use all features, which many people cannot afford.
Apple is too restrictive without jailbreak. I can almost do everything with my android device. I can even download youtube videos, and do some torrents. I can even make it act as my personal flash drive. Those are the things i cant do with my ipad
Was using Iphone 4, 4s and 5. I can say that Iphone is low on hardware but very highly software customized phones.

Currently I am using Android, Note 4 and Oneplus One, android phones are like on steroids in hardware way but not such good customized when software is on the line...

Both are Good
@rapcanin I'm curious, which of the two phones do you think are better on battery power? Apple or Samsung? Let's compare Apple 6 with Samsung Galaxy 6.

I cannot tell as i did not use s6 nor apple 6, but I would like if samsung customizes their software on 3000mah battery,, just as I would like from apple to update their+s 1500mah batteries as good as they customize their's software
(11-03-2015, 09:53 AM)rapcanin Wrote: I cannot tell as i did not use s6 nor apple 6, but I would like if samsung customizes their software on 3000mah battery,, just as I would like from apple to update their+s 1500mah batteries as good as they customize their's software
Tongue Well said and exactly as it is. Every time when samsung gets a better battery all of that is nullified with new software bells and whistles that drain the difference in power, so they never really get ahead on batteries.

I've always loved Apple's products especially due to the awesome design, but...
I recently got a used HTC One m7 and I have to say I got it up and running the way I wanted it much faster than I did with my 3rd gen iPod when I first got that one years ago... The only reason I got that one over any other android phone was due to the design, it looks absolutely fantastic up close, almost as good as an iPhone! (Whereas the newer m8s look just bad imho) - Plus you don't get all the people saying you're showing-off. Admittedly, the front-end would look much, much better if it was a screen fron top to bottom (Don't really care for the speakers - They're just as good as cheap computer speakers, but I already have superior headphones and speakers, which I think anyone really interested in music already has), and HTC could do without the plastic in the surrounds... I would really preffer the front-facing camera to be without the wide-angle lens as well. But I've been extremely satisfied overall, it's a great phone to have!
(11-05-2015, 03:13 PM)XENGS Wrote: I recently got a used HTC One m7 and I have to say I got it up and running the way I wanted it much faster than I did with my 3rd gen iPod when I first got that one years ago... The only reason I got that one over any other android phone was due to the design, it looks absolutely fantastic up close, almost as good as an iPhone!
I've heard good reports about HTC as well. I'm definitely going to check it out tomorrow. Good

As for me i prefer Android phone. Well the obvious is, i am tech guy and want to experiment with things. And android gives me the opportunity to explore modification and customization of the operating system which is hardly done in iphone. With regards to battery life, you can always strip down some of the battery hugging apps in android in order to have a good battery life. Simplicity of use, i would rather say they are the same. Its just you are accustomed to the iphone that you are saying its more user friendly. IMHO
It's not something you can choose or prefer, as Android is used in systems for smart phones like Samsung, Motorola, HTC, among others. While iOS is a system that only Apple products possess.

Greetings!
Argentine Love.
Dirol Heart
I perfer Android phone, because its have many free applications and cheaper without lose functionality. In Apple iPhones many applications not free, and iPhone price very high.
IPhone is just overrated.. and also are more expensive than normal phones with android...
In the past I had a phone with bada 2.0 and didn't really liked because there was no good apps for that ( at least no free ones ). Now I have X2 Soul with android 4.4.2 with tons of apps.

People with iPhone are like " uuuu I have an iPhone, I'm the best from Universe "
(01-05-2016, 02:27 PM)starswper Wrote: People with iPhone are like " uuuu I have an iPhone, I'm the best from Universe "

I don't agree with you. iPhones are for basic use such as internet browsing, normal phone use without any exaggerations and moddings. They are beautiful and very simple to use (for dummies).

[Image: userbar.png]
[Image: polandbar4.gif]
(01-05-2016, 04:09 PM)GigaGreg Wrote:
(01-05-2016, 02:27 PM)starswper Wrote: People with iPhone are like " uuuu I have an iPhone, I'm the best from Universe "

I don't agree with you. iPhones are for basic use such as internet browsing, normal phone use without any exaggerations and moddings. They are beautiful and very simple to use (for dummies).
I agree with starswper, some people do use Apple products as a status symbol to set themselves apart from others. But I also agree with Gigagreg. There are people who don't like all the junk that comes with android and prefer a simple high tech phone. iPhone is that. I'm thinking of getting it myself as noticed over the weekend there are specials for 5S. Didn't think they'd market older models though.
http://uae.souq.com/ae-en/iphone-5s/s/

You are right, they won't market older models, why? Simply because the operating system has updates for only 3-4 years, the same as Mac OS X. Which makes us update the iPhone every 3-4 years to make sure that we get the latest updates for security.

Exactly, so that makes the marketing at the link I posted above a mystery. Maybe it's a different model altogether - 5S. Unknown

Its good phone, the newest is 6S Plus. I think that the 5S is worth getting anyway.

Android, because you can customize it, if you root it you can do much things and use custom ROMs, i use android lolipop 5.1.1 on my old samsung s2 plus it's very nice.
dont use iphone because its a brand not an operating system... its better to say IOS vs android..
i prefer to use android os..

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next