•  Previous
  • 90(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average

The longest spam thread in the World

omg- why is there so much spam..?
i mean spam is fun but spam is spam and spam spams the screen..
there's absolutely no point to spam threads so you shouldn't do this...
spam not good so pls be away from spam :)
My eyes kinda hurt from squeezing lemons all day. What do you guys think is a good remedy for like eye pain?
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating today! Smile
[Image: gr_sig.gif]
[Image: userbar222222.png]
Same to you Yozora. Hope it's a good day for you and your family. Friends
[-] The following 1 user Likes Genesis's post:
  • Yozora
Happy New Year everyone! Yahoo Hopefully it ends up being better than last year...
Same to you @Yozora Hope this one will be a great year for you and your family. Drinks
[-] The following 1 user Likes Genesis's post:
  • Yozora
Thanks Genesis!

In other news, the people behind the All in One SEO WordPress plugin somehow thought it was a good idea to auto-update the plugin and remove functionality. I checked and it auto-updated on my WordPress sites even though I have auto-updates disabled. It seems to have deleted my settings and all my SEO metadata. Oh boy...I've got backups, but if I restore to one it'll probably just auto-update again. I guess I'll have to restore them on a local server and copy the info to a document manually.

Maybe I should try out some new SEO plugins...Yoast's SEO plugin seemed really slow when I tried it, though it might have improved, or there might be other popular SEO plugins I haven't tried.
(01-07-2021, 04:03 PM)Yozora Wrote: Thanks Genesis!

In other news, the people behind the All in One SEO WordPress plugin somehow thought it was a good idea to auto-update the plugin and remove functionality. I checked and it auto-updated on my WordPress sites even though I have auto-updates disabled. It seems to have deleted my settings and all my SEO metadata. Oh boy...I've got backups, but if I restore to one it'll probably just auto-update again. I guess I'll have to restore them on a local server and copy the info to a document manually.

Maybe I should try out some new SEO plugins...Yoast's SEO plugin seemed really slow when I tried it, though it might have improved, or there might be other popular SEO plugins I haven't tried.

Thanks for alerting us @Yozora. I'm also getting irritated with all of those guys out there who are more in control of what goes on in my computer than I am, all in the name of security and "in my interest". Like the latter seems to give them the self-assigned right to go deeper into the registries of my computer than I even can think they can.

I've also arrived at another issue with WordPress. Which it assumes all subscribers have self-assigned SSL - and if not, it won't recognize the address of the WP site. I hate it that these script developers assume things they have no license to assume. It should be my choice to decide whether I want SSL or not. That choice should not be forced away from me. Ditto Chrome that won't allow me to visit a site without SSL without having to go through plenty of hoops. I know I can untick that level of security, but why does it have to be included in that way.

Any way, my rant for the day. I'm beginning to feel like a sheep that is being herded by a minority of big players in the Internet. With less and less freedom to make my own choices from one day to the other.
(01-09-2021, 03:29 AM)Genesis Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 04:03 PM)Yozora Wrote: Thanks Genesis!

Thanks for alerting us @Yozora. I'm also getting irritated with all of those guys out there who are more in control of what goes on in my computer than I am, all in the name of security and "in my interest". Like the latter seems to give them the self-assigned right to go deeper into the registries of my computer than I even can think they can.

I've also arrived at another issue with WordPress. Which it assumes all subscribers have self-assigned SSL - and if not, it won't recognize the address of the WP site. I hate it that these script developers assume things they have no license to assume. It should be my choice to decide whether I want SSL or not. That choice should not be forced away from me. Ditto Chrome that won't allow me to visit a site without SSL without having to go through plenty of hoops. I know I can untick that level of security, but why does it have to be included in that way.

Any way, my rant for the day. I'm beginning to feel like a sheep that is being herded by a minority of big players in the Internet. With less and less freedom to make my own choices from one day to the other. 

@Yozora I made the switch recently from ai1 to yoast. On the backend, yoast is a bit slower, but offers extended functionality too. I really like the yoast article writer. It's a bit of a learning curve to get used to (I haven't mastered it yet) but it helps you write posts/pages for readability as well as seo. I haven't noticed any speed difference on the front end.

@Genesis I don't know about resolving the chrome issues, but I think you can set the default url for WP to http or https in "settings -> general"
(01-11-2021, 08:25 PM)fitkoh Wrote: @Genesis I don't know about resolving the chrome issues, but I think you can set the default url for WP to http or https in "settings -> general"

Aha .... thx @fitkoh I'd forgotten about that one. Good

I was also thinking of the database as well. Editing the fields in there.
(01-12-2021, 11:42 AM)Genesis Wrote: Aha .... thx @fitkoh I'd forgotten about that one. Good

I was also thinking of the database as well. Editing the fields in there. 

If the database is on localhost I don't know think it would matter. If the database is hosted remotely, I would not recommend accessing database over http as there's the possibility of eavesdropping traffic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fitkoh's post:
  • Genesis
This is getting quite long
@Genesis Yeah, I hear you. I hate it when a plugin makes drastic changes for the worse and I need to figure out where all the settings are and such again...

Also, yeah, I had the same WordPress issue too, until I remembered to change the setting
Fitkoh mentioned. They should definitely make that setting more obvious.

@fitkoh Thanks! I'll give Yoast another try then. Glad to hear it seems to have improved since the last time I tried it out. Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yozora's post:
  • fitkoh
Long time no see Biggrin

[Image: userbar.png]
[Image: polandbar4.gif]
(03-06-2021, 12:02 PM)GigaGreg Wrote: Long time no see Biggrin

Hey Greg! How have things been going for you lately? The Covid-19 stats are going down where I am, but they're still high enough to be dangerous. Vaccines are only available for older people and healthcare workers pretty much, so most people can't get them yet...
Hi! Glad to see you're still around @Yozora and @GigaGreg

@Yozora Covid numbers are also down here, however medical services are bracing themselves for a third wave in April. People are still getting sick and dying. Everything is really relative. When Covid started in March last year for the first time, the current numbers 1,000 plus new cases daily would have been shocking. Now it is relative to 15,000 at its peak in December/January. Vaccines are still limited to medical professionals only. Vaccines are still very new here - only started two weeks ago, so is still very much a novelty and much appreciated by medical professionals who have taken the brunt of the pandemic. Not sure when vaccines will come to us mere mortals, but they expect not before the end of the year. And who knows whether there will have been a new variant again requiring follow up doses. Covid virus is very shrewd.
I'm also looking forward to getting vaccinated but I'm not at the front of the queue. They hope to have vaccinated everyone here by midsummer but vaccination deliveries have been lower than originally negotiated so I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a bit longer than that. Many of the oldest people have gotten vaccinated. I have two grandparents and one of them has received two doses and the other one has received one dose.
@Genesis Oh wow! Sounds like the vaccine distribution program there is going really slow.
In the US most places are already past the first phase of distribution, "1a" (Medical staff and nursing home residents only) and now are up to the second one, "1b". (Essential workers A.K.A people who work at jobs with a high risk for infection, people aged 65+, and people with certain medical conditions)
I've heard Phase 2 (Everyone else) might be in effect by July, possibly April if things go well.
The variants worry me though... Hopefully the virus doesn't evolve too fast for the vaccine makers to keep up. I think I read the vaccines still have some effectiveness against the virus, but it's not as much as it could be. I hope there won't be many more waves, but I'm not too optimistic.

@Peter
That's great news about your grandparents! I've got friends who work in healthcare who have gotten the vaccine. (Mostly Moderna's) They said that the side effects were horrible but it was worth it. I hope that the vaccine makers will speed up production eventually.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yozora's post:
  • Peter

•  Previous
  • 90(current)