Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

React js?

Is anyone has an experience with React js? I would like to hear is it worth of learning?
Its just a glorified version of JavaScript. Its owned and licensed by Facebook. Its a poor designed language. Its like trying to reinventing the wheel. Facebook is and always will be trying to invent new things to meet their needs. So far, they have caused more issues then ones they are trying to solve.
(10-06-2016, 07:04 AM)strokerace Wrote: Its just a glorified version of JavaScript. Its owned and licensed by Facebook. Its a poor designed language. Its like trying to reinventing the wheel. Facebook is and always will be trying to invent new things to meet their needs. So far, they have caused more issues then ones they are trying to solve.

i have looked into learning this but i think learning java better at this moment. i plan to develop online 3d design platform in future.... Lol
If you're a website developer, learning ReactJS is obviously worthwhile because its use is often required in a project. If you have a choice in the matter, however, then you can use whatever you fancy (e.g., Ng2). Netflix, for instance, uses ReactJS. Is it the best thing since sliced bread? No. Ultimately, your mileage may vary because the community is quite polarized in the matter.
I really preffer Angular 2 over React.js. It has a great community and because we have to/could use it with TypeScript we can count with a better experience in programing for frontend enviroment.
Angular 2 + TypeScript (Google + Microsoft), sounds strong, don't you think the same ?
Coming from a non-dev background, I recently started learning React. I'll post about it separately, but after a bit of a learning curve I found its actually good at forcing you to learn how to setup variables and instantiate things properly. It kicks back errors BEFORE you compile which is frustrating at first, but it's brilliant once you get used to it.
Thumbs Up from me. I don't know about Angular, but I have seen alot of people saying they prefer it on various sites.
[-] The following 1 user Likes russ2020's post:
  • Genesis
I've been learning React with Redux, mostly due to practically every front-end job description looking for experience with it, so it seems important.  It's not bad, does a good job of managing your app data, but has a steep learning curve.  Redux Toolbox took care of a lot of boilerplate, it's worth learning for an app handling a lot of data
used to be a thing around 2015, along with Google closure, polymer.. and several other 'frameworks' (they aren't).
sluggish.
BUT it shorten developing processes for websites that acts like apps.

a bit like wanting to learn Arduino, then using a LEGO kit.

my advice is use it, get hang of it, then try migrating to something better, using more native html5 features.