Poll: Social networks are evil. What do you think?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes they are. They are maybe using us for very dirty causes too
100.00%
100.00%
Oh No, what you are saying is literally wrong
0%
0%
Total
1 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[DISCUSSION] Facebook, Google+, Instagram ... are evil??

Hello everyone

I am starting this thread to discuss if social networks are evil. 
This question came again to my mind as I saw this image for like the billion time this year

[Image: mark.jpg]

I'd love everybody to vote and reply to make this discussion rich and please do not hesitate to share your stories (respecting the terms :) )

As a developer, I know to the utmost that when one can build a system, he would do whatever he wants with it, even if not complying to the norms. And a company selling it's visitors like Facebook or analyzing them like Google would use the data collected for evil. Humans are not angels, everybody has sins and I assume that's theirs.

What do you think?
In my opinion, its all subjective really. what some my see as evil, others may think nothing of it. For example, windows 10 spying on its users. Some don't care at all and some other people are really passionate about it. personally i wouldn't call them evil even though i do disagree with some of the things that they do. I mean evil is a really strong word and you cant group all the social networking sites and call them all evil as they are not all the same. some are better than others and some are worse than others.
[Image: ZLGpEQp.png]
(05-04-2017, 08:32 AM)Tytoowns Wrote: In my opinion, its all subjective really. what some my see as evil, others may think nothing of it. For example, windows 10 spying on its users. Some don't care at all and some other people are really passionate about it. personally i wouldn't call them evil even though i do disagree with some of the things that they do. I mean evil is a really strong word and you cant group all the social networking sites and call them all evil as they are not all the same. some are better than others and some are worse than others.

We are being sold to capital holders, that's what is evil to me.
These network have been spying on us over the last decade, although I do agree they're not all the same. But in each and every social network, using your real info would let you get haunt down by their  system and you'll get sold over and over...
They have access to spy on you and sell your information to companies but besides from that, I don't think they will do much with your information unless you were to do something illegal. Spying could potentially help because of the information gained can be used to improve the social media platform.

But ultimately if you don't like it then don't use it.

Barnum Designs
(05-04-2017, 05:19 PM)Barnum4000 Wrote: They have access to spy on you and sell your information to companies but besides from that, I don't think they will do much with your information unless you were to do something illegal. Spying could potentially help because of the information gained can be used to improve the social media platform.

But ultimately if you don't like it then don't use it.

Okay, If I won't use it, that would not solve the issue. We're basically discussing whether what they do is some act of "evil" (even if the word is too strong some think).
If we'd have a conclusion about the matter, other users in here can determine their position and that's what is intended by this post.

Let's say we're not doing something illegal (which we are), possessing too much info about someone's persnal life is very dangerous. Like Google for instance does, they take random voice clip recorded using your phone without you know (as most people) or if you'd know about that previously to their act you'd most probably be that one in a million who doesn't care about the fact that someone is ruining his "e-life"!

Regards