Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Discord.js Bot!

Hey everyone! recently i made my new discord bot called D0R3M
i have it made of javascript only and from scratch! soon, i will make it 24/7 and you can add it to your server! Good
(05-08-2017, 02:03 PM)DoreM Wrote: Hey everyone! recently i made my new discord bot called D0R3M
i have it made of javascript only and from scratch! soon, i will make it 24/7 and you can add it to your server! Good

what does de bot do? is dynamic or static?

most probably, no, but read TOS or check the post
https://www.gigarocket.net/forum/Thread-...S-free-ToS
Moderation Commands!
`Purge
Can Be Used To Purge Messages! Max: 99
`Kick
Used To Kick Members! [`kick @user]
`setgame
Change The Bot Game! [`setgame (game)]
`setstatus
Changes The Bot Status [`setstatus Online|Idle|dnd]
`resetgame
Resets The Bot Game
`embed
Embeds A Message [`embed (message)]
PUBLIC Commands!
`meme
Returns a random GIF meme
`invite
Get The Bot Invite Link
`say
Says A Message [`say (message)]
`serverinfo
Get All Info About The Server
`info
Get The BOT's Info
Hi everyone ! I'm currently working on a Discord bot , at the moment it's still private as it is still in development .
Some functionalities are currenlty working but i seem to run out of ideas . I'd like some ideas .

Currently the bot has these commands : 
  • help
  • search ( looks for id and tells the current display name )
  • play , pause , resume , clear
  • join , quit
  • sendmsg ( so it can talk )
  • purge
And currently i'm working on adding , Levels and XP , and Restricted rights after a certain number of warnings .

If anyone has an idea , feel free to post it ! Thanks a Lot !
Moderation commands(like kick and ban) maybe.
Integrate some external APIs (steam, weather services, etc...)
Also, autojoin VCs when using the play command instead of doing the join command (same goes for leave)
Timed mute. (admin, moderator limited)
Timed mute works with a discord role. That role can't write anything to any channel. Timed mute looks like this: !mute <user tag> <time> [reason]
Kick. (admin, moderator limited)
A function to kick users with command. You can give a reason for that.
Ban. (admin, moderator limited)
Of course, you can ban users. You can give reasons for this too.

You can also add some entertaining commands, like roll, rps, funfact.

Hope it helped!
You could try to implement some kind of news feed where members can subscribe to a topic and they receive updates on that topic. For example on a new patch of their favorite game Biggrin
In addition to what has been said earlier, I think it could be cool to include some way to encourage people to chat and be more active in the community. A simple point system that gives members points for sending messages and some lotteries could do fine for that purpose Good
Maybe you should add a search engine or a tempban that will block user from joining any channel and chatting for a (x) amount of time.  Tongue
Does your discord server has some rules?
I'm a admin of a gaming server, and it has rules.
So I designed my BOT as below.
 - Send message to newcomer. It explains about rules (@everyone has some limit, newcomer needs to get some role to being unlimited user).
 - If the newcomer send a commands that posted in the rules, then the newcomer get basic role (so he will be unlimited as a user)
There is no unique or difficult function on your BOT...
A mini game with a leaderboard and give prices for the winners
[Image: pepe.jpg?1475252543]
How can it be from scratch if it uses a library? I assume that's what you meant by "Discord.js"
And this seems more like a private bot based off the fact that you can set the status of the bot. That'd update through every server your bot is in, which would not work for several servers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fireboltofdeath's post:
  • SeductiveWalrus
(05-07-2018, 12:43 PM)fireboltofdeath Wrote: How can it be from scratch if it uses a library? I assume that's what you meant by "Discord.js"
And this seems more like a private bot based off the fact that you can set the status of the bot. That'd update through every server your bot is in, which would not work for several servers.

This was exactly what I was going to say. Also, while this is a good start, there really is no unique features to the bot. Right now it probably has the same commands as like 50 or so bots. Try thinking of something unique, something nobody else made yet. I was going to try to make a voice-activated discord bot but never got around to it.
Pretty cool. Neat that you made this lol. Is it an application, the discord bot?

Also, does it need or take any proxies?
Well, above this thread there is one. idk if im contributing anything but lol right here

https://www.gigarocket.net/forum/thread-9971.html
(05-21-2018, 08:55 PM)davidvpn Wrote: Well, above this thread there is one. idk if im contributing anything but lol right here

https://www.gigarocket.net/forum/thread-9971.html
well spotted @davidvpn . Probably better to merge the two threads.