Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Server resource usage

hi,

i just want to ask, 2% of server resources usage for 30 second, how big is  the usage? is ii e-commerce website will easily surpass the 2% server usage?

thanks
Do you mean 2 percent of the CPU? It really depends what kind of software you are running, and how many users you have. Most likely this will not be sufficient for a popular ecommerce site. Usually popular ecommerce websites are hosted on a virtual private server or dedicated server(s) or even from "the cloud"

If you plan on being successful in the near future it may be smart to get a plan with more resources!
[-] The following 1 user Likes drinks2go's post:
  • DJB
I do not know the target of CPU measurement specifically.
For example, CPU load average, response time to CPU etc?
If you monitor each other with two CPUs, you also need to consider that relay.
If it's a load balancer you can monitor every 30 seconds, but I do not know until what to do.....
(05-10-2017, 03:53 PM)amh Wrote: hi,

i just want to ask, 2% of server resources usage for 30 second, how big is  the usage? is ii e-commerce website will easily surpass the 2% server usage?

thanks

@amh

Your question is a little bit vague for anyone to give you a useful answer, what are you running on your server, which OS, web server, shopping cart. What program are you using to find out processor usage, what is your concern? Try to be specific if you can.

The first reply sounds right, these VPS are not really there to run a full on production e-commerce site, but it is a perfect solution for you to develop and test. If your commerce site went live and you had several users hitting it all at once then yes, you will hit the limits fast and have disappointed customers, which is not a good look. Gigarocket provides this awesome service more as a development and learning aid. There is the shared hosting platform which has many one click install scripts for shopping carts which for a low volume e-commerce site would probably provide more available resources, but as the man said, if you get popular have a plan to migrate to a paid for dedicated server, speak to the Gigarocket guys and see what they can arrange, at least you know the support and network here is awesome...

Good luck,
convct
Diablo 
[Image: userbar.png]
Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely
[-] The following 2 users Like c0nvct's post:
  • Genesis, iRoastinq
On terminal, you can use "top" command for usage values. You can "free" command for memory usage without cache. You can also use "ps -aux" command which for each account's (web site) source usage values