$1 hosting plan

Would you go for the dollar hosting as posted?

• Yes

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Maybe, if...

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

loglive

As an alternative to the free hosting, would that be possible to offer a $1 hosting with at least 10 of everything eventually 100Gb of space and bandwidth and beat the one-dollar competition out there?
I would be willing to get that plan. :good:

Penguin

loglive said:
As an alternative to the free hosting, would that be possible to offer a $1 hosting with at least 10 of everything eventually 100Gb of space and bandwidth and beat the one-dollar competition out there?
I would be willing to get that plan. :good:

The problem with 1$ hosting is that if you charge for hosting, then the users will expect ticket based support with a quick response time.

And also if your website is going to use more than 1GB of space then free or 1$ hosting isn't what you'll be looking forward to. :p

admin

Administrator
Staff member
100Gb of space and bandwidth and beat the one-dollar competition out there?

I wish we could, the fact of the matter is that server space and bandwidth cost money. Much more than $1..

loglive

DJB said:
100Gb of space and bandwidth and beat the one-dollar competition out there?

I wish we could, the fact of the matter is that server space and bandwidth cost money. Much more than $1..

Fair enough, however you're already giving away your space and bandwidth for a few forum posts, are they worth more?
The host with the dollar name seems to be able to do it and with regards to my issue with gpix working at the same time with joomla 3.x, they seem to have addressed it if they have ever had it, they work together on the same domain at the same time.

Anyways, keep up the good work, thank you for your honest response.

BungBung

I voted yes, only because my finances are very limited and I need to have hosting for a personal forum. I like the pay by post model used here though. I'm looking forward to seeing how well it works out for me.

un4saken

Administrator
Even that one was an old topic, i have an idea about this $1 hosting. Will announce a couple of days later.

BungBung

un4saken said:
Even that one was an old topic, i have an idea about this $1 hosting. Will announce a couple of days later.

Ooh, sorry about the necro bump, I didn't even really notice that. I do think a $1 hosting option would do well, the options i'm finding on search engines are not good at all for free and low-cost hosting and it's becoming quite frustrating.

riddict

$1 for 100 GB space is a lot to ask I think. I have to pay arround $1 to get 2GB space, 5 addon domains, 100GB bandwith.

perryoo11

riddict said:
$1 for 100 GB space is a lot to ask I think. I have to pay arround $1 to get 2GB space, 5 addon domains, 100GB bandwith.

hmm i think not 100 gig bandwidth.
with that i suspect to have 20 gig

admin

Administrator
Staff member
The staff have been in discussion in regards to a $1 hosting package, some are in agreement and other are against for various reasons.

GeekGuy

It could be useful if you are doing for promotional purpose to acquire new clients. If you make it regular, staff will be overloaded with new clients and if clients can't get response in time you know what it means.