508 Resource Limit Is Reached

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Your website is loading for me. You have plenty of resources too. Have you had a traffic spike?

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
I just checked Jaran's Website, and I get the same result Chris:

Resource Limit Is Reached
The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.
Apache/2.2.25 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.25 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at allpreview.net Port 80

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
OK, I've checked cPanel, and this is what comes up under the Resource Usage Overview:

You have reached entry processes (number of simultaneously running php and cgi scripts, as well as cron jobs and shell sessions) limit 1400 times

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
@Jaran. You're obviously using more resources than have been allocated to you, and if you check our TOS you're also in process of breaking the rules (check quote below). Your bandwidth usage is already at 37% and it's only 5 September. So suggestion is that you do something with your scripts and cronjobs so you can get back to lower usage per day. Apparently the remote video script is a serious consumer of resources, but you should probably be looking at all of them and the cron jobs.
System Resource Usage
If Gigalicous' staff team determines that an account holder is utilizing an unacceptable amount of system resources, Gigalicous may temporarily suspend the account until the source of the problem has been resolved.

Gigalicous will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of this provision. Because of the nature of this provision, each account will be considered and analyzed individually.

Background Running Programs (bots/daemons/monitors)
Account holders are not permitted to run programs in the background on shared hosting servers. This tends to use a lot of system resources, and can impair service to other customers on that server.

Cron Jobs
We do allow Cron Jobs to be conducted on our servers. You can set up and manage the cron jobs for your account from the cPanel of your account, however if abuse of this service occurs, we have the right to issue an account termination and may also restrict this service.

jaran

Its weird. I only change the template but with the same old script. Can you disable my video script for while @genesis ? I should to investigate the script first. Also please remove cron job script if I did. Because I've never used it.

jaran

At least I can login my cpanel. I look my visitor is okay (avg. 300uv/day is normally). I though my template is causing I lost my bandwith. So I decision to change the template for a next month. So sad I've never realized this. :sorry:

un4saken

Administrator
i've disabled your /video script by changing chmod to 0000.

video/download.php is the highest resorce using file and just one person from UAE is used 2.8gb of your bandwidth and reached the resource limit. You may want to disable downloading videos or limit users.

jaran

un4saken said:
i've disabled your /video script by changing chmod to 0000.

video/download.php is the highest resorce using file and just one person from UAE is used 2.8gb of your bandwidth and reached the resource limit. You may want to disable downloading videos or limit users.

Thank you un4. I though someone was scraping my website or stealing bandwith. Can you help me to replace download.php with empty file ? Because I cant login cpanel again. Btw I only replace index.php at last time.

jaran

un4saken said:
Are you still not able to login your cPanel?

I can login cpanel now. I was edit index.php and download.php with empty file. Thanks un4.

OMG....less than 5 hour my bandwith has been increase from 15 mb to 23 mb. Btw can you tell me what the IP has make droping my bandwith ? I want to block at IP Deny Manager.

Im dead now. :wacko:

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 11

un4saken

Administrator
Someone with nokia x6 using ucbrowser. IP changes all the time and the referrer page is wapbom(dot)com/youtube/v2.html

And actually your bandwidth usage is 23 Gigabytes, not mb.

jaran

@un4saken & @Sitebee

Thank you guys. I really appreciated for your help. This guys(wapbom) is really suck. At now, Im learning php script how to block referrer site from who people wants to scrap my site.

ogah

maybe if i move my site to gigalicouse also have same case.
someone always tray to eat my bandwidth. he have some request per second (doing like ddos or scraper), so i must monitor visitor activity on my site everyday and blocking their ip or host if have abnormal traffic.
they allways change their ip (maybe use proxy) if i block their ip.

jaran

My site have got too many error (404) request by wapbom till now. Maybe tommorow I will decide to report him to their hosting. This is shit for who people dont have any creativity like them.

ogah

use googlepagespeed then block their ip from googlepagespeed, so your bandwidth not drainage by many error 404 or 403 pages