Adsense

Sander k

There is a well known theory on multible SEO related forums about having Google Adsense on your website. That theory is that when you have Adsense on your website Google likes you more and will rank you higher because when you get more visitors and make more money Google does too. This theory isn't proven, you might want to test this out!

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
That sounds like a strange two in one reason. Great difference between insufficient and illegal. Wonder whether that is a Google cop out so people don't take them on if they should give an "illegal content" reason only?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Sander k said:
There is a well known theory on multible SEO related forums about having Google Adsense on your website. That theory is that when you have Adsense on your website Google likes you more and will rank you higher because when you get more visitors and make more money Google does too. This theory isn't proven, you might want to test this out!

That`s nonsense! Completely untrue.

If Google did that they would be in breach of their own TOS.

wifitoplist

@Hellsing, I dont mean two reasons in one time I mean sometimes the reason is "Insufficiant Content" sometimes "Illegal Content"

pinoydepression

I have a plenty of website in free host and I have a lot of site that are without adsense but still rank. i would rather sell adspace than makes 500 dollars a month than make 20 dollars on adsense.

PeaceSigns

Don't think it's true either - only thing I can say about Adsense and Google is that it may increase how quickly your site content gets updated in Google's index because the adsense bots are constantly spidering your content to understand the relevance of it to ads that will appear on your site.

But again, there's no real point to that as you can achieve the same thing through Google+ and Google webmaster, so there's no real need to add adsense just for some perceived "SEO gain".

pinoydepression

PeaceSigns said:
Don't think it's true either - only thing I can say about Adsense and Google is that it may increase how quickly your site content gets updated in Google's index because the adsense bots are constantly spidering your content to understand the relevance of it to ads that will appear on your site.

But again, there's no real point to that as you can achieve the same thing through Google+ and Google webmaster, so there's no real need to add adsense just for some perceived "SEO gain".
I beg to disagree here. It really doesn't make sense at all that Google will easily indexed your site or easily crawl your site because you put an Adsense in your site. So if it really true what's the point of majority of people using wordpress or any other platform if you can straight away go with blogger and just buy domain for them. (they own that).

PeaceSigns

It isn't that you'll rank better - rather that new content to an existing and trafficked site may better spidered (meaning content gets crawled and discovered quicker or more frequently) as Adsense's bot spiders new pieces of content to understand the relevance of the page and to match contextual content. Ideally, one would like to believe that Adsense's bot shares information with Googlebot (the search spider).

In terms of wordpress vs. blogger, it's well established that a site on blogger receives a significant advantage when it comes to getting your content indexed. Posting to a relatively new blog (meaning it's already been discovered by Google) is bound to have your content indexed within a matter of minutes (if you don't believe me, try posting a new blog post and then doing the following search site:.blogspot.com) - within a matter of...ss blog (as in a self-hosted wordpress blog).

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
luciani said:
wrong theory :drinks:
Hi Luciani. Welcome to FFS. Just a heads up. Two word posts don't count for quality posts. Suggest you read our Guidelines for Quality Posts.

Also, you need to enable your PM feature. If you don't, the staff won't be able to PM you with important information.