AMD Radeon R9 390 and R9 390x 8gb

amh

hi,

im thinking to purchased either r9 390 or r9 390x. From benchmark, there was not much difference in term of performance. I need this card with 8gb memory as i will do casual gaming and also for work purpose , 3d design and finite element software. Anyone here using these cards? Also thinking to get Sapphire or MSI, as their after sales services is ok compared to other in my country.....

Sapphire_20151511499.jpg

Barnum4000

I have the AMD r9 390 and it is a fantastic graphics card. One of the best budget for performance cards out there! The card is very good for gaming since that what I use it for but what this card really shines in is high resolution since it has 8GB VRAM.

I have a 4k Samsung monitor which uses AMD free sync which is important because you need to get monitors which support your graphics card. Anyway it can handle games with a good fps at high resolutions; GTA V on high settings and at 4k runs perfectly fine.

Since you are also going to use it for other software it is important to check if the software is optimized well with AMD since some games don't run well on AMD because of optimization issues.

Lastly MSI is one of the best versions of the AMD R9, it is the version that I got and it was the cheapest for me.

390x is slightly better than the 390 so it depends if you want a slight performance boost depends on how much money you will want to spend and if you really need that extra performance boost.

Overall the Graphics card is very good and is worth getting and ATM you can get the new Hitman game free with it unless the deal has expired now.

amh

Barnum4000 said:
I have the AMD r9 390 and it is a fantastic graphics card. One of the best budget for performance cards out there! The card is very good for gaming since that what I use it for but what this card really shines in is high resolution since it has 8GB VRAM.

I have a 4k Samsung monitor which uses AMD free sync which is important because you need to get monitors which support your graphics card. Anyway it can handle games with a good fps at high resolutions; GTA V on high settings and at 4k runs perfectly fine.

Since you are also going to use it for other software it is important to check if the software is optimized well with AMD since some games don't run well on AMD because of optimization issues.

Lastly MSI is one of the best versions of the AMD R9, it is the version that I got and it was the cheapest for me.

390x is slightly better than the 390 so it depends if you want a slight performance boost depends on how much money you will want to spend and if you really need that extra performance boost.

Overall the Graphics card is very good and is worth getting and ATM you can get the new Hitman game free with it unless the deal has expired now.

what is your psu? I have corsair cx750m , bronze 80+...gold 80+ out of my budget...

Barnum4000

I'm not sure what PSU I have since I have not checked in a while since I would have to open my PC. But the PSU you have should be alright to power the Graphics cards since your PSU does support 750W but that is its maximum output unless you have one that is 850W but I think that is the bronze variant.

KylePq

Barnum4000 said:
your PSU does support 750W but that is its maximum output unless you have one that is 850W but I think that is the bronze variant.

Beware: although the CX750 will, indeed, support a R9 390, it cannot always output all the 750W. According to JonnyGuru's

amh

KylePq said:
Barnum4000 said:
your PSU does support 750W but that is its maximum output unless you have one that is 850W but I think that is the bronze variant.

Beware: although the CX750 will, indeed, support a R9 390, it cannot always output all the 750W. According to JonnyGuru's

thanks for the information.... hopefully to get r9 390 or r9 390x if the price on slight difference.