AMD vs Intel ??

Which player?

• AMD

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Intel

Votes: 13 65.0%

• Total voters

w00sh

Intel was a dominant player in the CPU market for a long time, and now AMD has released 2nd generation Ryzen processors. Now with Ryzen and Ryzen mobile competing against Intel in performance and price, which company do you think will win the competition and why?

CHT

Right now? My bets are with AMD, because of the fact that they are the underdog, and I am rooting for them to get more shares so that there will be no monopoly by Intel.

Julian98

CHT said:
Right now? My bets are with AMD, because of the fact that they are the underdog, and I am rooting for them to get more shares so that there will be no monopoly by Intel.

I would also like to have more competition on the CPU market as we had in the last years and AMD is giving it's best to do so.

This time I think AMD has quite a good performance compared to the prices of their products, but Intel still offers more absolute performance per chip, so as long as you don't plan to use a multi CPU header mainbord Intel is your choice for building a strong PC.
Additionally AMD laks support for DDR4 memory which is a problem when working with huge datasets in memory.
And for programmers Intel even offers still much better performance per price by using AVX-512 supporting code in your projects.

But despite the arguments above, for most of the private PC usage AMD offers a great alternative to Intel.

yusha

I have used the both AMD and Intel processors for a long time. I can recommend anyone to use AMD for daily hardcore use and believe me it has the highest clockspeed processing record on Guinness World records

themichalos

As i think for myself, AMD did a mistake by not advertising that good as Intel. And also AMD went dead for a while not releasing something that can compete Intel. For me it just looks like Intel released the same cpus like last years cause there wasn't big cpu power jump for a while. So i will go with AMD.

gmoran

Intel was a dominant player in the CPU market for a long time, and now AMD has released 2nd generation Ryzen processors.

SeductiveWalrus

It truly does depend on your preference. Would you sacrifice some performance for a better cost? Can your build handle the extra heat from an AMD processor? Would you be willing to pay extra for similar specs but better build quality? These are all factors in a decision like this, so it truly does depend on the needs of the person.

In my OPINION, though, Intel is better. I am willing to spend the extra money for the better quality hardware and drivers.

davidvpn

I go for AMD because it is the underdog of the CPU market, except for that recent ryzen takeover. I have the AMD Fx 9850 or something, but I don't really like it that much. It is 4.9Ghz and 8 cores, which seems like it'd be fast, but it isn't. Also it heats up so badly

I wanna get the ryzen because of how good it looks.

designview

Intel processor can be little better for gaming then AMD. But intel processors are very expensive than AMD processors. So if it cost $1000 for a intel processor gaming pc then we can build $300 to $400 AMD gaming PC with similar features. Always AMD is wise option.

Dragonix12

I'd say for all around gaming and productivity, choose Intel. However, if you are looking to do some heavy multitasking or video/photo editing, AMD would be the way to go to get more performance from the price due to the high core counts. Only Intel recently started to follow AMD's paths in increasing their core counts. However, I know some older games perform terribly with AMD CPUs because they were designed to only perform using one core.