Anonymous accuses CloudFlare of protecting ISIS from cyber attacks?!

GigaBot

Administrator
I just read this morning, this news:
"Anonymous accuses CloudFlare of protecting ISIS from cyber attacks"

You can read it on this link.

Now I have three questions for you (if you find this interesting at all):

1. Is this true and "Anonymous", are able to find out something like that?

2. This is "kids playing" ... nonsense ... etc?

3. This is a spin from "Anonymous" ...like some potential CloudFlare competition wants to benefit by blaming CloudFlare of such terrible activity ...etc?

Yozora

Genesis said:
Who is anonymous? :p
A hacker activist group which wears Guy Fawkes masks. They hack and take down sites sometimes, in the name of justice or something, like I think one took down GoDaddy for a for awhile for supporting SOPA, and currently they're going after ISIS's sites/social media accounts. That's all I really know.

Also, CloudFlare, really? They provide a free service for a ton of people. It must be really hard to monitor it all effectively.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Yozora said:
Genesis said:
A hacker activist group which wears Guy Fawkes masks. They hack and take down sites sometimes, in the name of justice or something, like I think one took down GoDaddy for a for awhile for supporting SOPA, and currently they're going after ISIS's sites/social media accounts. That's all I really know.

Also, CloudFlare, really? They provide a free service for a ton of people. It must be really hard to monitor it all effectively.
Sorry, that was a tongue in cheek remark about who anonymous is? Anonymous is supposed to be anonymous. An organization that technically is invisible. How anonymous is Anonymous really as it seems to be all but invisible?

Yozora

Genesis said:
Yozora said:
Genesis said:

Sorry, that was a tongue in cheek remark about who anonymous is? Anonymous is supposed to be anonymous. An organization that technically is invisible. How anonymous is Anonymous really as it seems to be all but invisible?

Oops, shouldn't post when I'm tired...
Good point though, they are really visible for an organization supposedly so shrouded in secrecy. Wonder if they partially wanted to cash in on ISIS's popularity in the media lately.

GigaGreg

Staff member
They can not do anything. Do you remember with twitter fights? They have taken down accounts of people who are not related to ISIS at all. Hactivists can't do much.

GigaBot

Administrator
Genesis said:

anonym.png

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
GigaGreg said:
Hactivists can't do much.
I agree. Times have changed and data centers have become like radar machines with picking up on spam and bad actions. Web hosts get warned by their Datacenter much more quickly and much more firmly than before, within seconds of something happening. Not easy to do the same kind of damage than it used to be before.

BungBung

I don't know, I really appreciate the service CloudFlare provides. It protects MY web forum against basement-dwelling script-kiddies/wannabe hackers and DDOSers who just think taking down forums and websites is fun. As far as Anonymous goes, and this is just my personal opinion, they are let's just call it a psyop attempting to goad people into doing nefarious things... But I won't go into this here...