Anti-virus in Win10

sssgp

Would you recommend an anti-virus in addition to Bitdefender for win10 OS? If yes, your choices and experiences welcome.
gp

hunky

You don't need anything else in case you already have Bitdefender installed with your windows operating system. This software itself is an AntiVirus software and Windows can't run two AVS (Anti Virus Software) together.

Bitdefender is a good & reputed AVS

Thanks.

inesta

I previously used bitdefender on Win 10 OS and I want to tell you that it isheavy to run and take most of system proccesses include CPU and RAM.
You can use 360 total security antivirus instead of bitdifender.
It is superfast and professional updated antivirus and also can detect most of new tojans and worms of 2020 year!

austinchoong

Most of the people told me that no need to installed any antivirus on win 10 because win 10 already come with windows defender, but I want to more secure my computer, I'll recommend kaspersky internet security, I'm pretty sure that it's the best antivirus in the world.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
austinchoong said:
Most of the people told me that no need to installed any antivirus on win 10 because win 10 already come with windows defender, but I want to more secure my computer, I'll recommend kaspersky internet security, I'm pretty sure that it's the best antivirus in the world.

Depending on the resources of your computer, Kaspersky is huge and has the potential of bringing your computer to an almost stop (drag it down). When I tried to use it on an above average laptop performance wise, but with less resources than more modern laptops have, it dragged so much I could hardly use it any longer. Since then because it's still on Windows 7, I loaded Microsoft Security Essentials and try to surf safe. However, of course since January Windows 7 is no longer supported. My Microsoft Security Essentials seems to be still working, to my surprise, but I'm even more vigilant than before. I was very happy a few days ago when I had to upgrade my Mozilla Firefox from scratch, i.e. advice was to remove and reinstall the latest version of Mozilla - it prompted you to do so. When I did, I found it had improved security features. So I depend on those and have the warnings enabled for when I'm in territory I should be careful with. And of course hope for the best. Currently I'm not only lazy not to load Windows 10, but my hardware won't work with Windows 10 and my computer may not operate as it does right now. I don't feel like a major upheaval for now. Waiting to feel adventurous first, and try and move away from Windows completely.

sssgp

Avast and AVG also are space (logs), RAM and CPU hoggers. My Win10 memory is at 83% utilization of 2GB as per Task Manager. Had only bit defender doing its thing until last week. Installed MBAM. It caught about 26 malware and adware. Guess that is out of realm of bit defender. So we definitely need something supplementing bit defender.
gp

kblee

If you want free anti-virus software, most banks offer free product keys for anti-virus such as Kapersky (like Barclays, but don't anymore). I think Virgin Media still give F-Secure for free if you live in the UK.

Still, do check out reviews as there's probably something better out there but at least it's cheap and legit ;)

desmond99620

I was using Kaspersky Antivirus on my Windows 10 recently got expired and now using with the built in Windows defender it is Ok rather than no Antivirus.

But I would suggest to watch yours browsing activity and the sites we visit. Also i would suggest to install adblocker on the browser we use.

prooj

I think BitDefender is best antivirus for Windows 10. It is better than Avast and Windows Defender. I personally use BitDefender on my Windows 10 and it is very reliable and safe.

Yozora

prooj said:
I think BitDefender is best antivirus for Windows 10. It is better than Avast and Windows Defender. I personally use BitDefender on my Windows 10 and it is very reliable and safe.
Could you tell us more about why you think it is the best? What makes it stand out from other similar antivirus software?

Please note that posts like the one above are not Quality Posts and do not count towards earning hosting

Yozora

razavinia2006 said:
Best antivirus subscription for Windows 10 is Norton 360 with Life Lock,

Could you tell us more about why you believe Norton 360 is best? What makes it stand out from other similar antivirus software?

Please note that posts like the one above are not Quality Posts and do not count towards earning hosting.

Freya009

I think Antivirus on Windows 10 does not make any sense. Virus & threat protection in Windows security does the job as good as the other anti-viruses do. The biggest thing with antiviruses is that they put your data at stake.