Best Free Forum Software for installation of themes?

pinoydepression

By the way the ugly themes are the free themes not the custom themes. Yes I use mybb because its easy to use not like phpbb that you always need to install.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
pinoydepression said:
By the way the ugly themes are the free themes not the custom themes. Yes I use mybb because its easy to use not like phpbb that you always need to install.
Not sure I understand. MyBB needs to be installed as well. I'd say both require the exact same energy from an installation point of view.

pinoydepression

Yes they are needed to be installed . But when you installed themes you don't be needing an ftp account to install themes. You can directly install themes in the web page

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Aha. You mean themes, rather than the forum software itself. OK, got it and agreed. :good:

Have edited the title of the thread for clarification.

cobaltsean99

I personally, like phpBB as a free forum software. It's my favorite. But if I had the money for it, as well as for another piece of software for websites I like, WHMCS, I would get both.

phpBB is my absolute favorite. FTP connection isn't used often, when you have your website ready for everyone, except if you are doing maintenance, or adding new software.

pinoydepression

Never tried phpbb but they say it's easy to hack?. That's what I heard. I like the themes of phpbb a lot than mybb, but for me mybb is easy to use.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
pinoydepression said:
Never tried phpbb but they say it's easy to hack?. That's what I heard. I like the themes of phpbb a lot than mybb, but for me mybb is easy to use.
I can't see how it would be easier to hack than a myBB Forum. In the end it would depend on the security strategies that the Admin has adopted regardless of the platform of the Forum.