Best open source CMS for eCommerce

wrcloebfan

Hey guys,
I'm working on an ecommerce project and wanna know the best open source CMS for building ecommerce sites, I've worked with ZenCart but I wanna know if there's any better option available, I've heard about magneto as well but they run different versions for community and enterprise, but as I'm looking for open source CMS I so I can go for the community version of magneto, is it worth it? Any suggestions will be appreciable.

Thank You ! :)

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Depends on how much time you have available. Wordpress is fast and Joomla takes a little more patience. But in the end if you do have the time to invest in Joomla, you'll pobably be happier.

net2nadeem

I have a best eCommerce software that is called Bazar
You can search it in google and you can have demo.
Its works with wordpress and a plugin E-commerce.
I have that and if any one want to build an eCommerce store that i can build it fully functional eCommerce store.
For the Price Please PM me

wrcloebfan

Genesis said:
Depends on how much time you have available. Wordpress is fast and Joomla takes a little more patience. But in the end if you do have the time to invest in Joomla, you'll pobably be happier.

Can you please send me the links of good open source cart extensions for joomla Genesis? I'm having a tough time finding a good one for me.

hands down on Joomla

wordpress is nice too. and has plugins that joomla does not. so I would mix and match your domains depending on purpose. but large sites I would encourage using joomla over wordpress. content pages, landing pages, redirect pages, WP FTW!

GigaGreg

Staff member
OS Commerce, OpenCart, ZenCart, Magneto...

Those above are good as they are e-commerce cms, so you won't have to install plugins to joomla or wordpress.

wrcloebfan

igdesigner said:
OS Commerce, OpenCart, ZenCart, Magneto...

Those above are good as they are e-commerce cms, so you won't have to install plugins to joomla or wordpress.

Yeah I've been trying open cart since 2-3 days, it looks interesting also I tried installing woocommerce in wordpress but there are some services in woocommerce which I want them to be in opencart if something can be made with the mixture of both it'll make a really awesome eCommerce platform :wink:

gravien

i prepare use Wordpress and using e-commerce themes.... you can found on themeforest or codejucntion by only 15 USD... on my opinion wordpress easy to SEO...

SilverKenn

There's no such thing as best E-commerce CMS, each of those CMS have different functionality and different structure,
one person find one cms is better than the other, while another person find the opposite way.

It all depends on your needs,

I usually used wordpress in almost every site I build, including e-commerce, and YES!, I can say wordpress is better than other for CMS for building ecommerce site in terms of simplicity and don't need so much configuration and set-up, as you can have a fully working e-commerce site in an hour or two, unlike any other CMS that needs a hell of configuration and set-up, but heck, imo, wordpress database structure simply sucks in handling e-commerce site specially when there area hundreds of products on the site, and its obviously design as blogging platform so its not really surprising.

If you don't have so much product and don't need fancy and complex functionality, you better stick with wordpress,
If you want to build an unimaginable store, then you might want to look into opencart/magento/prestashop/shopiy/oscommerce/ as this CMS were purposely created for store functionality and the sky is the limit of what you can do. ;)

tsharig

Wordpress has a great plugin for ecommerce site building. I think it's $47 but it includes all of your security. I researched most used commerce cms scripts and plugins and Wordpress won hands down. I plan on using it this summer for a nonprofit I'm helping. Reviews said it was user friendly; I really hope that is the case. GOOD Luck!

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have a link for it TS? Sounds worthwhile looking at for others who are planning something similar.

loglive

I have tried a few that came with Softaculous and one of them captured my attention: Abante Cart
I was wondering if any of you is using it for their online store, it looks good, moves fast, seems to have a community behind and best of all it's free.

tapanb

Banned
Hi user,

I would like to recommend you to use WordPress, it's fast and easy. There's would be many eCommerce plugin available to use on. And the most improt part i guess, in WordPress you have great option to change themes, install new themes as you like and it would be looks perfect as you wanted. There many thing you can do with WP.

Thanks.
Tapan Barman.

cswrobert

Now the best probably is joolma. After Xoops 2.6 comes out. Definitely is Xoops. joolma. WordPress all have e-commerce module. Xoops try hard to have its own but I even dont use the module in older version.
That is the reason why I use my integration of Xoops and older osCommerce. Just before new year my latest osCommerce version got success in integration.