BlackBerry Android or ...any other Android?

Secure BlackBerry Android v/s Any Other Android Build


  • Total voters
    6

craig97

New member
Recently BlackBerry was down in the dumps and they came up with the plan to extend their portfolio and incorporate the Android OS in their latest lineup of smartphones.

What do guys think? The (supposedly)ultra-secure Android OS from BlackBerry v/s just about any other Android build out there. What would you choose? Would you pay more for the Security that BB offers?
 

Yozora

Moderator
I have an old BlackBerry phone that a friend didn't need & it still makes a great music player, as it has much better sound quality than my android phone. I don't know if I would buy a BlackBerry android phone though. If it has a removable battery & SD card slot I might consider it.
 

craig97

New member
Yozora said:
I have an old BlackBerry phone that a friend didn't need & it still makes a great music player, as it has much better sound quality than my android phone. I don't know if I would buy a BlackBerry android phone though. If it has a removable battery & SD card slot I might consider it.

I believe 1 (of the currently released, 2) devices they have released do have both, a removable battery and SD. Seems pretty good actually. I have an old Q10. Still rocking :p
 

Yozora

Moderator
craig97 said:
Yozora said:
I have an old BlackBerry phone that a friend didn't need & it still makes a great music player, as it has much better sound quality than my android phone. I don't know if I would buy a BlackBerry android phone though. If it has a removable battery & SD card slot I might consider it.

I believe 1 (of the currently released, 2) devices they have released do have both, a removable battery and SD. Seems pretty good actually. I have an old Q10. Still rocking :p
Good to hear! So few phones have both those features (which are both must-haves for me) that it's always nice when another phone gets them.
 

usmc0311stc

New member
Blackberry is the best phone, and Andriod is the best OS... putting them together only makes it the bestest. ;)
 

CHT

New member

Android being about freedom means that BlackBerry can, will and did make their custom variant of it more secure.
 

pastaset

New member
Not sure you mean really "freedom" when you write about Android OS. Due to the fact the OS is without root access it is in my opinion not the freedom. You can install a lot. But mostly you cannot uninstall all. Sure this is defined by the seller.

Security: You can install thousands of apps which are not realy check for security. Take a look into requested access rights when you install an app.
 

CHT

New member
pastaset said:
Not sure you mean really "freedom" when you write about Android OS. Due to the fact the OS is without root access it is in my opinion not the freedom. You can install a lot. But mostly you cannot uninstall all. Sure this is defined by the seller.

Security: You can install thousands of apps which are not realy check for security. Take a look into requested access rights when you install an app.

Freedom in this case means you can customise the source code as you like and/or add/remove stuff as you please.
Want root? Can be done easily.
Want no bloat? Remove it(after root for pre OS v7.0).
That's just touching the surface. Also, who said you have to play by the seller's rules?

You do know that everything on the Play Store does have to go through checks, roght?