Can I upload my backed up joomla installation to my account here?

windwalker

I have a backup of my joomla installation from my other hosting service, I am trying to get the database now.
Is it possible to upload my joomla backup to my site here?

The DB is not backing up for some reason and I may have to export it in cvs for mat. Would that be a possibility to restore my site without weeks of rebuilding?

Thanks,

Jim

GigaGreg

Staff member
Yes, you can upload your joomla files through ftp software and your database through a backup option in your cpanel. You can choose what to import, or simply open myphpadmin and import from there.

windwalker

windwalker said:
I have a backup of my joomla installation from my other hosting service, I am trying to get the database now.

The DB is not backing up for some reason and I may have to export it in cvs for mat. Would that be a possibility to restore my site without weeks of rebuilding?

Thanks,

Jim

I just finally got the DB downloaded in gzip. format..It shows that it is populated..Hopefully without errors.
Only took two days..Not too bad.

iGdesigner said:
Yes, you can upload your joomla files through ftp software and your database through a backup option in your cpanel. You can choose what to import, or simply open myphpadmin and import from there.

I knew I could import through MyPhpAdmin..probably the safest way.
But wasn't sure that the site would work if it was just uploaded.

Thanks.

One more question Ig.
I have never done this with Joomla before so this one is new to me.
This installation was installed in the wolfgardnes.org/home directory.
Can I just unzip it to the root directory and it work? Or will I need to place it back in a a /home/ folder?

Thanks,

Jim

windwalker

windwalker said:
windwalker said:

Thanks,

Jim

I just finally got the DB downloaded in gzip. format..It shows that it is populated..Hopefully without errors.
Only took two days..Not too bad.

iGdesigner said:

I knew I could import through MyPhpAdmin..probably the safest way.
But wasn't sure that the site would work if it was just uploaded.

Thanks.

One more question Ig.
I have never done this with Joomla before so this one is new to me.
This installation was installed in the wolfgardnes.org/home directory.
Can I just unzip it to the root directory and it work? Or will I need to place it back in a a /home/ folder?

Thanks,

Jim

Everything is uploaded and I have reset my name servers..Now I just wait and see and hope for the best..LOL