Can't login in WinScp, SSH probelms

Status
Not open for further replies.

slibinas

I have problem, i can't login in WinSCP i get this error:
uLUlhVr.png

But i can login in PuTTy program, how fix this problem, i now have very cheap VPS to learn with Linux commands.

slibinas

now i get this error:
6BhNxIk.png

Winscp set in English language, but i dont know why, first sentence translate in my language.

But its say: There none connection, because computer active refused.

p.s sorry i use google translate.

slibinas said:
I have problem, i can't login in WinSCP i get this error:
uLUlhVr.png

But i can login in PuTTy program, how fix this problem, i now have very cheap VPS to learn with Linux commands.

Use putty instead or you if you are using windows, try using your FTP program and change it to ssh.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
@"slibinas"
Suggest you work through a few tutorials first so you develop a better understanding. The following are really good ones:

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

slibinas

Genesis said:
@"slibinas"
Suggest you work through a few tutorials first so you develop a better understanding. The following are really good ones:

[video=youtube]

In this video, i successful do all steps but i get same problem with connecting.. I wanna to say my VPS using only IPv6, and my internet dont have ipv6 its says on internet settings:
d2fnNDh.png
near IPv6 text its say "there are none internet access" i using Router "TP-Link TL-WR1043N/ND v1", firmware version "OpenWrt Chaos Calmer 15.05-rc1 / LuCI Master"

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
@"slibinas"
Your VPS is not a Gigarank VPS though is it? You got the VPS from a different hosting provider? Shouldn't you be raising your concerns with the different provider?

Otherwise, why don't you read the discussion in this thread as it provides some solutions for IPv6 only VPS:
http://www.gigarocket.net/forum/thread-3594.html

smalpierre

You're going to have to use some sort of a gateway to connect to it. T.Kawabata was already connected to his VPS (ipv6 only), but was making an outbound connection to ipv4 network.

What you will have to do is similar, but backwards. You'll need to find some type of gateway or proxy that will allow you to hook your computer on an ipv4 network to an ipv6 network, and connect to your VPS that way.

Based on the first post, I don't believe your VPS is on ipv6 only, as it IS responding to a request at 31.220.48.94 (which is an ipv4 address) and tells you that it rejected the SFTP connection, and further tells you that it IS listening for FTP connections.

Try connecting with FTP protocol on port 21, and take a screen cap if it errors and show it to me.

slibinas

smalpierre said:
You're going to have to use some sort of a gateway to connect to it. T.Kawabata was already connected to his VPS (ipv6 only), but was making an outbound connection to ipv4 network.

What you will have to do is similar, but backwards. You'll need to find some type of gateway or proxy that will allow you to hook your computer on an ipv4 network to an ipv6 network, and connect to your VPS that way.

Based on the first post, I don't believe your VPS is on ipv6 only, as it IS responding to a request at 31.220.48.94 (which is an ipv4 address) and tells you that it rejected the SFTP connection, and further tells you that it IS listening for FTP connections.

Try connecting with FTP protocol on port 21, and take a screen cap if it errors and show it to me.

I try but and i get same probleme as here:
6BhNxIk.png

Can its be my new Router problem, because now i go to port checker website, and i check 21, 22 ports and its say "Connection refused", and closed.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Could be that your ports 21 and 22 are closed by your Firewall. You can check whether they are open at this link:
http://www.canyouseeme.org/

Here is a tutorial on how top open ports on your router (obviously you need to proceed very cautiously):

[video=youtube]

Here is some background information on the ports that are used for SFTP:
http://serverfault.com/questions/74176/what-port-does-sftp-use

Here is a much longer tutorial that provides useful information on IPv6 routing:

[video=youtube]

smalpierre

slibinas said:
smalpierre said:

I try but and i get same probleme as here:
6BhNxIk.png

Can its be my new Router problem, because now i go to port checker website, and i check 21, 22 ports and its say "Connection refused", and closed.

You don't need port 21 open on your router, only on the machine you're trying to ftp into. Since the original error message said that it is listening for FTP connections, I'm assuming port 21 is open.

I just used nmap to do a port scan of that IP address. It looks like it might be a router instead of the host? I'm not sure - it comes back with 2 open http ports, one supposely running apache on Debian, another running Apache on CentOs

In any event, FTP port 21 isn't open. Are you sure you're connecting to the right machine?

slibinas

When i have old router everything was okay, when i bougth new router mode: TP-Link TL-WR1043N/ND v1 and firmware: OpenWrt Chaos Calmer 15.05-rc1 / LuCI Master then i see my all ports are closed, then i go to "Port Forwards" section,
L1ejlR0.png
i dont understand what is External zone and Internal zone, in External zone you can choose newzone, wan, and in Internal zone can choose lan, newzone, i dont understand this thing, and what i need to IP adress i need pick, i try everything but ports still closed, i try to search any tutorial in google, but i found nothing.

Sounds like its your router. You will have to go into the settings and allow it to connect to the ports. I have had this issue on a router when I was trying to set up my website. I think it had something to do with passthrough but I am not sure. Just search google for it and it will help you.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
strokerace said:
Just search google for it and it will help you.
Great idea Strokerace :good:

This thread is going nowhere. Am closing it for now. If anyone would like it reopened, please write to me and provide a solid justification for reopening it.

Status
Not open for further replies.