Creating Installer to install multiple programs?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I need a little advice here, what I would like to do is to create a single installer to install multiple programs. I`ll give you an example! An OEM computer usually comes installed with multiple programs. Those programs are usually installed in one go. That`s what i`m after.

Any idea`s suggestions?

The installer is for the most commonly used programs that I use, when I do clean installs of Windows 7....

pcallstar

DJB said:
I need a little advice here, what I would like to do is to create a single installer to install multiple programs. I`ll give you an example! An OEM computer usually comes installed with multiple programs. Those programs are usually installed in one go. That`s what i`m after.

Any idea`s suggestions?

The installer is for the most commonly used programs that I use, when I do clean installs of Windows 7....

i use setup factory and autoplay media studio mostly for installing or making things automated (on windows that is) but here is a free app that is essentially the same as setup factory: http://sourceforge.net/projects/nsis/

Saito

I use Ninite, It only works with freeware / open-sourced applications but I been usually to install multiple programs on a freshly formatted computer. Best part about it is that it make sure the application installed is on the latest update.

abc1

If you can silently install the programs and you can just script ti using AutoIT.

It will allow to press gui buttons and move the mouse/add serials etc and then produce a script to run it.

You can also use (if a windows OS) powershell scripts or WSH scripts to remotely copy and install programs to peoples machines without have to repackage the application.

Even better use something like Cameyo - free application visualization. One exe that runs the whole program.

Check it out.

HDMNI

Quickest and easiest would be to create a bat file - allowing choices of what to install, or install all programs, could even then make it one .exe file

N

NatSok

Many commercial setup authoring tools offer more or less support for this. You basically create an EXE or MSI installer which acts as a wrapper.