Cron Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

matrix

OK thanks Hazem. Looks as though I may run cron jobs provided they don't use too many server resources? Does that mean exceeding my quota, or is there another way that you look at whether more server resources are used by cron jobs than should be?

CMA

I'm gonna refresh this thread a little..

I know that you allow cron job but I didn't find information how often I can use cron, can I set every 5 minutes?

pinsipans

For my understanding you can do it as often as you want. But you are not allowed to do it so often that it lags the hell out of other Machines. Its not only about the traffic Limit its about the overall performance of the Node.

Pls correct me if im wrong

CMA

I hope I can because it Etano specification you have this requirement "make sure that your host allows crons to be run every 5 minutes"

I have no idea how much resources consuming is this..

CMA

Well i want to install & try to run website on Etano script
at Etano official website you have this:

Code:
System Requirements
[*]PHP 5.3.x / MySQL 5.1x are the recommended versions.
[*]Ability to run cron jobs every 5 minutes.
[*]GD Library for the dynamic creation of image uploads.
[*]Supports mod rewrites and editing of .htaccess files.
[*]PHP mail() support.

So this is why "I need" such a high Amount of Cronjobs ;)

pinsipans

I suggest you to try it and watch on the Resource monitor. If its only a small amount of Performance used While performing the Cron it should all be fine. And if it is not working out for this, make a backup Plan :wink:

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
TOS said:
Cron Jobs
We do allow Cron Jobs to be conducted on our servers. You can set up and manage the cron jobs for your account from the cPanel of your account, however if abuse of this service occurs, we have the right to issue an account termination and may also restrict this service.

Status
Not open for further replies.