December Competition - Win a VPS Server for 3 Months

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
vps-server.jpg

-----
VPS Specifications

512MB RAM
10gb disk space
1 Dedicated IP Address
75GB Bandwidth
OS: Your choice


------

Terms of entry

Promotion starts 00:00 1st December and ends 31th December 23:59 (GMT)

No staff members (sorry)

VPS valid for 3 months, renewal a possibility if active enough on the forums.

Spam post`s maybe deleted, so quality post`s only please.

The winners will be notified via PM at the end of the competition period

VPS Specifications may change on receipt (like for like)
 

rockforlife

New member
NICE! I'll say it again, you guys rule lol


lol can this start today and end tomorrow? I seem to be the top non-staff poster for the month right now haha
 

Genesis

Administrator
Wonderful dxverm! Welcome back! :yahoo:

Haha .... looks like VPS has people's attention. Great stuff! :cool:
 

GigaGreg

Moderator
Staff member
And the staff members will have to wait for the next year to get a free VPS :( But that is good that lots of the people are joining gigarank and trying to get a 3 month VPS.
 

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Don`t worry i`m sure there`s space on the new servers to provide you with a VPS :)

iGdesigner said:
And the staff members will have to wait for the next year to get a free VPS :( But that is good that lots of the people are joining gigarank and trying to get a 3 month VPS.
 

GigaGreg

Moderator
Staff member
I was taking the Mic, but anyway thanks DJB.

I think that VPSes are better thank actual web hostings :)
 

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed, but you do require some technical ability to install OS, control panels, modules, scripts and securing the server, etc. Not for everyone.

iGdesigner said:
I was taking the Mic, but anyway thanks DJB.

I think that VPSes are better thank actual web hostings :)
 

GigaGreg

Moderator
Staff member
Yeah thats true. I will be doing lots of researches on the linux distros that will allow me to host a good vps and take a lot of advantages of them. I have few distros to look deep into them such as Debian, CentOS and Red Hat/SUSE. It will get me to know how to get around when hosting different things and improve the server maintenance and useability.
 

Genesis

Administrator
DJB said:
Don`t worry i`m sure there`s space on the new servers to provide you with a VPS :)

iGdesigner said:
And the staff members will have to wait for the next year to get a free VPS :( But that is good that lots of the people are joining gigarank and trying to get a 3 month VPS.
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

DJB said:
Agreed, but you do require some technical ability to install OS, control panels, modules, scripts and securing the server, etc. Not for everyone.
Going to start checking tutorials. And who knows, maybe you're right. May not be for every one. But will be interesting to try.
 

dxverm

New member
I have experience with CentOS but that's about as far as my experience goes. It would be something fun to learn with.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.