Do you remember your first computer? What was it?

grzesiek811

My first computer was a Commodore 64 with tape drive.I still have a tear in my eye as I mention head adjustment.

My first PC:
Celeron 633 MHz
Riva TNT (onboard)
10 GB HDD

Dee13211

only* cost $1,000 plus tax. :yahoo: The sales guy told me that a 2.1 gig hard drive had so much space that I would never be able to fill itsuper fast* internet connection with a whopping

alberblk

I don't remember my specs, but it was a good computer, so I remember he had 500mb ram, 80gb HD and ran some games, always played a penguin slipping on the ice lol

binil

alberblk said:
I don't remember my specs, but it was a good computer, so I remember he had 500mb ram, 80gb HD and ran some games, always played a penguin slipping on the ice lol

We were all happy with the first computer that we have bought.. always have some good memories with it.. (may be quite opposite for some...)

maagrech

puh thats long time ago
it was a 486 DX2 with 66mhz, 16mb edo ram and something around 800mb hdd. i still have this box :D

HappySquirrel

only* cost $1,000 plus tax. :yahoo: The sales guy told me that a 2.1 gig hard drive had so much space that I would never be able to fill itsuper fast* internet connection with a whopping Johnny Mnemonic

wbhern

I went to a demo of Apple's new Macintosh computer on campus, and when I saw how you could use a mouse to mow through a lawn of pixels, I was hooked. Bought it in the spring of 1984, and upgraded to the Mac Plus in '86. My favorite point of comparison is that I bought an 80 MB hard disk for the Mac Plus shortly after I upgraded to it. For $999.99.

Now, of course, you can get 100x the storage for the price of listening to any tech company's pitch at a trade show!

sener

Oh my god!
My first computer was an umbranded and specifically built Cirix 133+ (I even don't remember how to spell it).
133+ because it was supposed to be equivalent to a Pentium (1 or 2) with 33MHz.
With 16MB RAM and 1.7GB.
I'll never forget the reaction of my friend: "what will you do with so much disk space?!?!"

abrossia

sener said:
Oh my god!
My first computer was an umbranded and specifically built Cirix 133+ (I even don't remember how to spell it).
133+ because it was supposed to be equivalent to a Pentium (1 or 2) with 33MHz.
With 16MB RAM and 1.7GB.
I'll never forget the reaction of my friend: "what will you do with so much disk space?!?!"

Cyrix!

used to run a Cyrix M2 , it was supposed to be equivalent to a pentium 2 but it was more like a pentium 1.5 :D