Firefox Security implosion

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
I find this very interesting. I'm all for its high standards of security, but looks as though Firefox security is tripping out its own add ons. It's happened at least a few times that my add-ons have been disabled. The one's that aren't Firefox I can understand. They needed to be updated. But I was completely surprised to see Firebug de-activated. I'm not using it right now so will keep it like that. Why doesn't Firefox update it automatically if it is part of the Firefox family? Or is it a Firefox product? :unknown:

Peter

Firebug is not a Mozilla project. I haven't used Firebug for a long time. Aren't many of the same features already built-in to recent versions of Firefox by pressing F12?

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Peter said:
Firebug is not a Mozilla project. I haven't used Firebug for a long time. Aren't many of the same features already built-in to recent versions of Firefox by pressing F12?
I'm doing a WordPress course that recommended Firebug, and you're absolutely right, it occurred to me too that why recommend Firebug when everything is available anyway through Firefox. I usually get it under the Tools section of Mozilla Firefox in the Page Info section.

Didn't realize that Firebug is not part of the Mozilla Firefox project though. Think I'll unload it.