Form Submission: Webhosting Support Request

sayedfamily

cPanel User Name: sayedfamily (correction - sayedfam)
Name of Domain: sayedfamily.gi9.co
Detailed Description: My website, which operates through Joomla CMS has been hacked and I am unable to re-run the site using the previous settings. I'd appreciate any help
Additional Information: Not answered

GigaGreg

Staff member
Your website has been hacked, do you have any backups on your computer, you could use? Well if you are running a website, you must know that if you don't maintain it properly then it will be vulnerable to hackers and spammers.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
I've suspended the account for now. Can't risk having a hacked account active on the server.

I suggest that if you have a clean back-up of your Website that we terminate the account and create a new account from scratch. Please let us know what you would like us to do.

By the way, suggest you only restart the Website if you intend to use it. Hackers love to target inactive Websites. If you are unable to maintain it, even temporarily, and particularly if it is a WordPress Website, it is always better to ask us to suspend it temporarily.

For now however suggest you terminate it and start fresh, possibly with revised names as well.

sayedfamily

I have backed up, scanned for viruses and relaunched the site. It should work well now. Please reactivate when possible

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
How do you know that your site won't be hacked again? Surely if it has been hacked, you're still a target of the hacker? How did the hacker get in? And what is different from before that it won't happen again? What precautions have you taken?

There is also the issue about the Website being inactive for a long while. I sent a warning to you on 8 August to which I hadn't received the courtesy of a response, which of course by default means you weren't attending to your Website. The combination of not having time to check regularly on your Website, with being hacked, concerns us greatly as we are on a shared server.

I have unsuspended the account for now, pending a response by you as to the precautions you've taken.

sayedfamily

Hello again,

I have enabled the security options within Cpanel, altered the subscription parameters in Joomla and password protected all areas of the site now. I'd be grateful if you would reenable the site now.

I now have a staff member who is in charge of monitoring the site around the clock, and thus there is someone who can ensure that no security loopholes are found.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
24 hour security, can't beat that! Account unsuspended.

New look looks great! :good: