Forums Suggestion: Add New Programming Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtx0

I'd like to recommend that a programming section be added to the forums, as it will certainly (a) generate more discussions; and, (b) increase website traffic as published content is regularly indexed by Google, thereby increasing the probability that it will turn up in searches.

rrroberts

dtx0 said:
I'd like to recommend that a programming section be added to the forums, as it will certainly (a) generate more discussions; and, (b) increase website traffic as published content is regularly indexed by Google, thereby increasing the probability that it will turn up in searches.

I think its a good idea. I know some PHP coding, but I haven't stayed up with the times on it. I have dabbled in many other languages also. I can see it as a benifit for the who community here. I am sure that we have all run into a problem with some code either for a web site or other projects. The group here is very helpful and I am sure that if we had a forum for it here, others would join in.

I first started off learning basic back in 1984 on a Apple with a tape drive

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
dtx0 said:
Great suggestion and looks as though it's been supported by other members. The Forum has been created.
http://www.gigarocket.net/forum/Forum-Programming-Scripting

dtx0

To answer some of the questions above, in my opinion, this newly added section should be very inclusive, meaning most programming languages and frameworks are acceptable to discuss. The reason I say "most" is because there are certain frameworks that are inappropriate to converse over, such as Metasploit. This doesn't mean the aforesaid framework is inherently evil; rather, it is to be avoided because something crafted with good intent can be exploited and becomes a tool of evil.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
dtx0 said:
To answer some of the questions above, in my opinion, this newly added section should be very inclusive, meaning most programming languages and frameworks are acceptable to discuss.
We've already added the Forum for you. We're now waiting to see contributions to it. We were hoping you would create the first thread in it. :)
http://www.gigarocket.net/forum/Forum-Programming-Scripting

Since the suggestion has been executed, am closing the thread. If you feel it should be reopened, please PM us.

Status
Not open for further replies.