Gigapages.net - Home of the free hosting sub-domain?

Shall we use Gigapages.net as the new free sub-domain?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
The DNS would`nt change!

Gi9.co (is short)

gigapages.net (is memorable)

Back in the Yahoo days, Geocities was massive. Our free services make Geocities look like a dinosaur.

Saito

DJB said:
The DNS would`nt change!

Gi9.co (is short)

gigapages.net (is memorable)

Back in the Yahoo days, Geocities was massive. Our free services make Geocities look like a dinosaur.

I was really young back when Geocities was around it feels so weird to even hear of it again I think it was one of the first times I tried to create a website. I thought it was going to be so big! :lol::lol: I was so naive

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Saito said:
I was really young back when Geocities was around it feels so weird to even hear of it again I think it was one of the first times I tried to create a website. I thought it was going to be so big! :lol::lol: I was so naive
It did look quite big at the time when it was still around. It was through Yahoo if I remember correctly? Feels like light years ago! And agreed, technology wise we're a million years ahead.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
tangledmemories said:
Is gigapages already an option for those with sub domains? Just curious.
Absolutely. If you click on the request hosting account you'll see there are two options now. An either or.

belltown

I too can never remember go9.ci. Luckily my browser remembers for me. I'd be fine with the change. I don't imagine it would affect access to my site, since that is through a .tk domain. I only use the gi9.com when accessing cPanel.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Nice to see you posting Belltown. For now it's more of an addition than a change. You can have either or, your choice. :smile:

GigaBot

Administrator
DJB said:
This is a questions to our existing members and new members!

In the new year (2015) how about switching from Gi9.co to Gigapages.net as the main sub-domain for the free cPanel web hosting service that Gigarank provide.

All existing account holders can keep the Gi9.co sub-domain should they wish.

What will change is that new free hosting accounts created from 1st January 2015 will have the gigapages.net sub-domain.

What do you think?

Gigapages is awesome Domain name ...It is always better to have something that you can actually remember as a Domain or SubDomain name. Lets say my Subdomain, in that case would be webbmunity.gigapages.net ...that would be COOL :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.