Gigarank in process of being restored [Completed]

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Looks as though we've got a new version up and running again. The MOST PERFECT one yet. Thanks un4! Everything looks as it had on 4 December before we changed to 1.8. Emergency Forum is gone.

For info am copying and pasting the content of this thread that was posted in the previous May/October versions of the restored Forum.

genesis said:
Gigarank went down in the early morning hours of yesterday. For reasons completely beyond our help. Both main and secondary drives of the server failed - a one in a million occurrence that they should fail together. Took some hours for the Data Center to investigate and fix the server, and now are the last important hours for getting everything up to date again. Needless to say the owner, DJB, and Technical Admin, un4saken, have been doing all nighters to fix the situation. Watch this space for more reports. I'll copy this thread so we can repost it easily if our current backup version changes. It has changed a few times.

Our sincerely apologies for the inconvenience this has caused everyone. Hopefully things will be back to normal within the next 24-36 hours.

We had an Emergency Forum for the first number of hours when everything was going down. The owner, DJB reported in detail in it, however when they got the real forum up there was no longer access to the posts of his thread. I've made a copy of his opening post though:

djb said:
This thread will serve as an update to what happening.

In the early hours of this morning (GMT) we had a complete raid array failure. Both the main drive and the raid drive stopped responding.

That is why all websites are currently offline, myself and Un4saken have been working since this morning to get everything back up and running.

At this time I cannot give an exact time to have all websites back online as we are waiting for the datacenter to fully diagnose if we require replacement drives to be fitted, if that's the case, then we can start reloading recent backups.

We have been very unlucky with both the main drive and secondary drive both failing at the same time, this does not normally happen. We will try to keep you updated on these forums, once everything is back online we notify you all and provide full explanation of details.

Sorry for any inconveniences caused, please be patient whilst we get everything back online.

And the updates since then:
DJB said:
----- Update 7pm GMT -----
We have had both drives replaced by the data center technicians. Un4saken is currently in the process of re-stalling the Operating System and the plugins, addons, firewall, antivirus etc. This will certainly take a number of hours to complete. Once that process is done, we will start reloading the backups of user data.

----- Update 8:30pm GMT -----
Un4saken has started reloading cPanel accounts, however I should state there is a small possibility of some data loss on a small number of the cpanel accounts.

----- Update 10:30pm GMT -----
We are still in the process of recovering cPanel accounts. This process does take time, especially for the larger accounts (disk space usage). Once completed we have to recompile the PHP..

----- Update 11:10pm GMT -----
DNS to our main website updated, this forum will be down soon and back to original main gigarocket.net website, support will continue from there.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
OK, looks as though the restoration of the Forum has been completed. We're on 4th December.

On behalf of the management team our humble apologies for what happened.

At the same time our heartfelt appreciation to un4saken and DJB who have missed many hours sleep.
Cheers .... :drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks:

If you have any hosting issues could you please post them in the support forum.
http://www.gigarocket.net/forum/forum-9.html

pan1

Thats nice to hear. Thanks for your hardwork @"Genesis" @"DJB" and @"un4saken" . :drinks:

hitterman

When our sites will start working? Any update on that? I've posted this question but got deleted everytime. Thanks for everything.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
hitterman said:
When our sites will start working? Any update on that? I've posted this question but got deleted everytime. Thanks for everything.
@Hitterman. I've moved your inquiry to our support form.

Check other inquiries as well.

drxgrey

Good to hear that the site is recovered. Sh1t happens and we could all learned from it. Well hope that we can have frequent backup incase anything happens

Snowflake

I am sorry if I am posting this on the wrong place but the servers are extremely fast now!! I transfered my forum here and performed a merge and it converted everything in light speed! Real fast. :) :friends:

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
I find that too Vera. Super fast! I worked almost 24/7 since last Wednesday and it's been a pleasure. Now I'm at work today so have to mix business with pleasure. Hehe ....