gigarank on youtube

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like a wonderful idea. Make one and then before posting it show it to us first. Then Chris (DJB the owner) can let you know whether it's OK to post. Would be nice if we could get tutorials up there as well.

aya

Cool beans I want to produce the music for it too don't want any adverts on it :good:

aya

I'm starting this now but what genre of music to use.... any suggestions ?
I was thinking of using something lively, may be downtempo dub...
corporate can be... peh

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Suggest you look at our home page. You'll sense something classy, not too boring, but a touch of the conservative. Probably better to focus on the content part rather than the music. With a really nice engaging voice. Simple, unaffected, clearly enunciated and very easy to listen to.

aya

nope, the closest I hve to it is MB Boli... I will find it I like a challenge lol

the font is Expressa TS DemiBold

but whoever made the gigarank logo modified the font slightly, making the dot in the i triangular and shortening the curl of the g, I like it well done!

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
The logo was made by someone different - Jaran - it was selected from a competition.

I'm sure you must be correct about the font. DJB (Chris) would probably be able to confirm it too. I just took a chance on Arial/Verdana.

aya

Ok I'm doing dif versions ill upload 1st 20 seconds of each 1 - 1080p!
input on script would be good I'm not hte best at narrating for companies or spelling THE :lol:

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Both are great, but my preference is No. 1. Well done. Think it needs a little more meat and needs to be a little longer. Voice is a bit unnatural. Are you using special software for a voice over?

There's some text for you to look at in the enclosed PDF file. PLEASE ignore the artwork. :p But maybe the copy in it could provide some ideas for more content.

Further points you could add are that we're a community based host.and some of the words below from another Website that DJB created:

Our goal is simple, we want to provide people from around the world a chance to showcase their website and website design skills. Our free web hosting is for small businesses, groups, clans, personal websites and charities.

We provide a Free cPanel service with PHP & mySQL and no forced ads. Our free Webhosting service includes FTP Accounts, POP3 Email Accounts, Addon/ Parked Domains with a generous 2500MB free web space and 58GB monthly bandwidth. Our free web hosting package will suit the novice to the expert designers.

We strive to a monthly 99% uptime on our server. We make sure your websites are up and running 24/7/365 on a super fast connection.

Each web hosting account comes with Softaculous which is packed with over 320 top open source scripts, Including blogs, cms`s, personal sites, ecommerce, galleries, clan sites and even social networking sites.

Attachments

• Promo PDF.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 4

jaran

I forgot what the font I've been using it. Because my pc was reinstalled and my backup was gone. My last remember I get this font is come from Devianart.

EDIT:
@aya, I suggest you make 3D logos animation for gigarank if wanna posting to youtube (if you're not busy). Thanks to make a creative video. This great awesome contribution !

GigaGreg

Staff member
aya said:
[video=youtube]

As far as I have noticed there is a mistake. You have said: the best hosting online.

I think that it would be even better if it were: the best online hosting < this looks more professional as the text which would be seen by thousands of people. Apart from that I like it, but video no 1 is much better.

aya

Hi Jaran the font is Expressa TS DemiBold
thanks for the pdf Genesis, this is no where near finished and probably wont be till ive moved next week its just a sample so i can get some input
ive already copied all the ratings from the testimonials page im going to have them scrolling across the bottom of the screen later in the video it will be longer, the voice is Ivona software it's the most realistic text to speech voice I've ever found believe it or not I'm a selective mute! what would be good is if anyone reading this who thinks they have a nice sounding voice and are willing to help making this intro please speak up :smile:
when you say ''Think it needs a little more meat '' do you mean a dif sound sample ?

thanks for the input greg you're right it would be better!
probably wont be using that video though it's too dark