Gigarank SHARED Hosting Terms and Conditions

aya

Is the Gigarank SHARED Hosting Terms and Conditions the forum rules?
because I've just spent 20 minutes looking for the forum rules, only to realize there are no forum rules, unless the hosting terms & conditions are the rules of the forums :unknown:

aya

isn't that the terms for web hosting accounts ?
the only mention of forums there is ''posting of 10 quality posts''

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Aya is right. There isn't your traditional list of Forum Rules as one would find in other discussion forums. Our rules are written into the Quality Post Rules, which are the rules that the Forum is based on. If you check the Quality Post Rules they provide all the rules that are needed for the Forum. For example, copy paste is strictly against the rules and may lead to a ban. Don't make nonsense posts or use too many smileys. No flaming, etc.

http://www.gigarocket.net/forum/thread-10.html

We could rename it Guidelines to Quality Posts & Forum Rules?

aya

I only mentioned it because every forum I've been on theres always a sticky at the top saying - forum rules
I've looked at that page you've linked and it does say some rules but it's targeted for the 1st ten posts:
*Members are required to make 10 QUALITY POSTS in order to qualify for Website space.*
may be rename it forum rules and amend it to be a guide for ALL posts, after all it's expanding fast now & people are staying after the 1st ten posts :clapping:

( it could just be me being OCD lol )

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Nope, they are valid points Aya. I've been thinking about it too, although on the other hand we're not a Forum for many rules except the Quality Posts and Hosting rules. We assume that people know how to behave themselves. So here's what I've done.

1. Changed the title to Guidelines to Quality Posts & Forum Rules
2. Changed the introduction to the rules to the following (included "They are also our forum rules"):

The following are guidelines as to what quality posts are - and are not. They are also our forum rules.

1. Do not copy-paste from another Website even if it is your Website. Use your own words. If you quote from another Website you have to use the quotation tool as well as give credit to the source. Copy-paste articles are STRICTLY against forum rules and won't earn any quality credits. In addition, since copy paste is considered plagiarism, you may receive a warning and it may decrease your chance of getting a hosting account. It may also lead to a ban from the Forum.

2. Short one-liner posts are not considered quality posts. If you are stating your opinion on something, tell us why you think so. To be credited as quality there must be some discussion in your post. Try to keep the majority of your posts of a good length that provides a contribution to the discussion.

3. Inquiries and questions don't count towards quality credits. Nor do links to YouTube shows unless there is some discussion in the article and the show is used to complement the discussion.

4. Before posting a new topic, use the "Search" function and make sure a similar topic does not exist. You may safely start a new thread once you're sure that a similar topic doesn't exist.

5. Avoid posting multiple new topics in any forum... this gets annoying and will be treated as spam, and most of your new topics will be moved to Trash.

6. Make sure you write more than just a random word or a smiley .... not only is this very annoying, but it may be considered spam and sent to the trash can.

7. When you reply to a post, make sure your post adds to the discussion, and is not just some random line that has no connection to the topic ... This generally happens when you attempt to post in topics that don't really interest you. Therefore avoid posting in threads that don't interest you.

8. Do use spell check to ensure you pick up on typographical errors, particularly if English is your second language. We are not Grammar Nazis, but neither do we like sloppy English that shows no attempt to self-correct it.

9. Please keep abbreviations to the minimum. Write words in full. Use proper capitalization and punctuation of sentences. The first letter of a sentence should start with a capital and the last letter end with a full stop. The letter "I" and brand names should be capitalized.

10. DO NOT SPAM OR FLAME! At Gigarank, we like to keep discussions civil and of good quality. If you are caught flaming or spamming excessively, you will get a warning, and may get banned as well.

Happy posting!

aya

perfect

-now-thats-what-im-tolkien-about_20120427023942.jpg