Google can't fetch my site

GigaBot

Administrator
Google bot can't fetch my site ...i tried a various things ...can it be something related to your server configuration or it is always related to something I do wrong?

Genesis

Administrator
Moved to WordPress SEO

@Misharnet

I've moved the discussion here as it could turn into a useful experience for all of us. If you want to move it to a different forum please let me know.

Peter

I assume you are talking about netscripter.info.

The domain is less than a week old. You probably have to give Google some more time to index you site. Making a search for site:netscripter.info it shows two pages are already indexed, and a short time ago I think it was only one so it looks like it's catching up as we speak.

GigaBot

Administrator
Well I wanted to "tell" Google that I changed address in Google Webmasters Tools, so Google can use previous SEO with new changed Domain name. when I use Fetch option it shows that it can not be crawled. I use 301 redirect that I set in .htaccess file of old Domain name, and it redirects it to new Domain, but Google still can't fetch it.

Peter

misharnet said:
when I use Fetch option it shows that it can not be crawled

It says this about the new domain or the old domain? What exactly is the message that it gives you?

Peter

[url=https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6066468]Google[/url] said:
The fetch will not follow a redirect. If you fetch a page with a redirect, you will have to follow it manually as described in the "Redirected" fetch status description below.

Does the status show up as "Redirected", or as something else?

The 301 only works if you still have the old server. It only works if you still have that server running. You had it redirecting to itself and that is why it can't be crawled.

Peter

@strokerace You can have multiple websites on the same server. Redirecting to the same server shouldn't be a problem as long as the URL is different.

@misharnet Webmaster Tools only handles one domain at a time, so maybe you don't get the "Redirected" status because it redirects to a different domain that you are not currently handling. If you are talking about the .me version of the domain it looks like the redirecting is working correctly, with the correct HTTP status, etc. so I don't think there is anything to worry about.

GigaBot

Administrator
Well it redirects properly, that is right, and at this moment it is the most important...my old domain will be gone in about three weeks and then only new domain will be active.

Yes, the redirect may work for you, but not a bot. It doesn't understand it. They look for keywords. That is all they look for. Some also are program to ignore those words and scan your site anyways. Also, bots don't look for your .htacess file, it looks for a spider.txt. That is where instructions are for a bot. Your best bet is to take out the redirect and then try it again. Remember, it can take up to 48hrs for a domain to resolve correctly. I have also heard, it can take up to 2 weeks for the bots to switch to the new domain names also.