Has Windows 10 failed?

• YES

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • no.. I love it

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

simoncharles1

So I've been using Windows for years (as long as I can remember).. I switched to Mac recently.. about 2 years ago.

After testing out Windows 10, I'm completely shocked at how different it is, several people have told me that they hate it. What do you guys think?

GigaGreg

Staff member
Using windows 10 pro. Great software for gaming and general use. I decide what and when to update. I have been missing few updates since April, but guess what? They suggested me to update to see cool features like ubuntu terminal.

Windows 10 is good for gamers in a sense. If you are gaming and using win you should switch why? Because you would not have an access to he dx12 or all exclusive games from Xbox such as Forza or halo.

Everyone are critic about privacy. We have no privacy anyway. People know what we are eating and what we are doing anyway. They use our phones to spy on us. I have already posted a link to a great video interview about the Edward Snowden. I a short, we shouldn't use any technology.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
GigaGreg said:
Everyone are critic about privacy. We have no privacy anyway. People know what we are eating and what we are doing anyway. They use our phones to spy on us. I have already posted a link to a great video interview about the Edward Snowden. I a short, we shouldn't use any technology.

ernstb5

My machine is a windows 10, at first I enjoyed the sylish look, but I got to understand that it eats up a lot of data on background and useless stuffs. I think I prefer the vista and 7 to both 8 and 10.

Barnum4000

Windows 10 has succeded not because people wanted it but mainly because it was forced onto people to download it. Not everyone wanted to upgrade but a lot of people did because it didn't really affect them and it was going to cost money in the future unless they upgraded now.

Personally I like windows 10 because its a mixture of windows 8 and windows 7 combined. However it does have some annnoying features such as cortana and some useless apps installed but you can easily remove them if you don't want them.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Barnum4000 said:
Personally I like windows 10 because its a mixture of windows 8 and windows 7 combined. However it does have some annnoying features such as cortana and some useless apps installed but you can easily remove them if you don't want them.

Peter

I think Windows 10 is a big improvement over Windows 8 because it brings back some kind of start menu and the default applications are not fullscreen only, but it's not as good as Windows XP/7. I'm not taking part in the poll because I can't say I love it (would never use it on my own computer) but I can't say it "failed" because it's an improvement from the previous version. If it's a failure for Microsoft businesswise I have no idea.

Its no where near windows 7. Its is Windows 8 housing, but that is all it has that is the same. The rest is more bloat wear and resourse hogging functions. Those who don't know better, like it. Those who use thier computers for more then gaming, don't.

Seeing the source code for some older windows O/S are out there. Someone will take them, do what Microsoft can't and release a proper O/S that will knock M$ and Mac off the chart

fouadChk

Peter said:
I think Windows 10 is a big improvement over Windows 8 because it brings back some kind of start menu and the default applications are not fullscreen only, but it's not as good as Windows XP/7. I'm not taking part in the poll because I can't say I love it (would never use it on my own computer) but I can't say it "failed" because it's an improvement from the previous version. If it's a failure for Microsoft businesswise I have no idea.

You said it yourself, Windows 7 is far better than Windows 10 THUS it's a failure. The comparison should be over all Windows 6.x family (6.0: Vista; 6.1: Windows 7; 6.2: Windows 8; 6.3: Windows 8.1.)

Besides, the start button and the other horrors of Windows 8 were largely fixed with Windows 8.1. Windows 10 has an entirely different purpose/agenda as far as M$$$ is concerned. That's why it is giving it for free and even forcing it on peoples.

I was warning against Windows 10 before it shows up (my posts on other boards attest for that), because I was aware of the trend the whole IT industry was taken............... The cloud and building the platforms through which they can offer their services---which are (as a consequence) all online. Even software companies are switching to that business model....

Despite that I did install Windows 10 on 1 testing machine of mine, largely to keep in touch with M$ Technologies, especially those concerning the Web.

alfredoweb

According to me, Windows 7 is the best after Windows XP because from then on the following operating systems will have many instabilities, both system and security, and have many problems with compatibility in programs and drivers, think well if you want to upgrade to windows 8 or 10 it is not bad, but depend according to the use you give him.

dmull

There will never be a final build as they are going to always release updates and features to it. M$ thinks that this is the OS of the future. They maybe right as not many are sticking with it. I am finding flaws everyday and some of them affects my everyday IT job. Still seems that they have not fixed the VPN issue. This issue is when you create a VPN on WinBlows 10 that you can uncheck the the Gateway option under TCP/IP v4 the gateway option is still on. You need to use the Powershell command to disable it.

dmull

I have Winblows 10 Pro at every PC I use, work or home, and I have not seen a spot to turn off Windows Updates. I would gather that you could just disable the Windows Update service?

What I recommend to anyone not sure whether they want Windows 10 or not. Do the upgrade, this way it Windows 10 will be activated with your Hardware ID. Then roll it back to Windows 7. This way coming July 29th, when the free upgade is done, you still have your copy activated and can upgrade whenever you choose.

dmull

I think that the reason is it faster is because of all the bloatness they provide with the updates. The next Windows 10 build will have Ubuntu bash included with it. So you can implement your linux side as well as your Windows side. I have tested that build and loved every bit of it, minus the bugs of course.

triphip

I don't understand the premise that it is close to being a failure. Sure, there are some bugs to iron out in the beginning, but there are constant updates that make it better and better. The fact that I can turn on my computer and it's loaded within 10 seconds, that's just incredible. Gaming has also improved for me.