Hello

Hi everyone,

nice to be able to meet you all, I actually joined a while ago but totally forgot about this site.

A bit about me, I am in a long term relationship with my life partner, she's awesome in every single way, we have 2 gorgeous daughters who like nothing more than to make our lives 'interesting'. I am a hobbyist graphic designer, I do mean hobbyist, I make silly things in photoshop like swords, pens, books, smilies and so on, nothing too clever, just me having some fun. I am a new to the realm tobacco pipe maker, I enjoy that hobby very much, being a pipe smoker myself it kind of comes in handy. I enjoy getting out to the woods when ever I can, haven't done that in a while due to some back problems and various other niggling things, but when I get the chance I feel close to the Earth Mother, so that's good.

I have tried running a few forums on free forum hosting companies and one on a paid hosting company, that one was hacked and I have never managed to get another working right. I signed up here originally to try to get a forum running on the free hosting offered here to see how that goes but I have lost interest in forums to be honest, the running one that is. I have come back here due to the 'We miss you' email the admin here sent out recently, I should rather like the opportunity to create a website to display my digital art and my pipes in a nicer way than I have them shown presently on wordpress, oh that site is wonderful in many many ways but it is very restricting on artistic flair, creating a proper website gives one the opportunity to be truly original, so this is why I have returned.

Well, I hope to get to know some of you a little better in due course, meanwhile I shall have a peruse in the forums here and see what's going on, nice to meet you, I hope you all had a great Christmas and that you all have an excellent New Year.
 

Sander k

New member
I didnt get that email...
I am glad you did return here tho.
If you need any help with a forum, just yell and I will help where I can.
 
Many thanks for the welcome chaps. :)

@Sander, I'm done with trying to get a forum going Buddy, thank you very much for the kind offer of assistance, I appreciate that very much all the same. :)
 

lestaria

New member
Welcome to Gigalicous! Sorry to hear that your forum was hacked and that you never got it working properly again. These things happen, unfortunately. I've noticed hackings to be more prominent on certain webhosts such as 000webhost or freewebs (now called webs) but that's just me. I'm sure some of you feel the same way and if you don't that's fine :)

The good thing about Gigalicous is that the staff and owner have no tolerance for hacking/phishing sites along with the use of wares or anything along those lines. So you should be safe here :D If you ever have any problems, there are loads of helpful people here on the Support threads just waiting to help you. Hope you don't have another bad experience with running forums :) Best of luck to you man!
 

Genesis

Administrator
lestaria said:
The good thing about Gigalicous is that the staff and owner have no tolerance for hacking/phishing sites along with the use of wares or anything along those lines. So you should be safe here :D If you ever have any problems, there are loads of helpful people here on the Support threads just waiting to help you. Hope you don't have another bad experience with running forums :) Best of luck to you man!
That's definitely true Lestaria. And un4saken, our Technical Admin, has a nose for these things as well. Very difficult to get past him. Another plus is that if an attack should ocur, he's so fast. He'll probably be able to respond with absolute precision instantly, whereas some of us will have to think about what has been happening first to try and figure what it is.
 
lestaria said:
Welcome to Gigalicous! Sorry to hear that your forum was hacked and that you never got it working properly again. These things happen, unfortunately. I've noticed hackings to be more prominent on certain webhosts such as 000webhost or freewebs (now called webs) but that's just me. I'm sure some of you feel the same way and if you don't that's fine :)

The good thing about Gigalicous is that the staff and owner have no tolerance for hacking/phishing sites along with the use of wares or anything along those lines. So you should be safe here :D If you ever have any problems, there are loads of helpful people here on the Support threads just waiting to help you. Hope you don't have another bad experience with running forums :) Best of luck to you man!

Thank you for the welcome, I appreciate that very much.

The site I had which was going very well was on a paid hosting account but the service was questionable, I have the back-up of the site but I have tried to get the site started again on several free hosting accounts and it just never got going again. Mind you I was confronted with problem after problem trying to run a forum on free hosting accounts, mostly due to the hosts tried sticking me with the 'to run a forum on our servers you need to upgrade to a premium account', a couple of times I made the mistake of engaging the hosts in debate on the matter and one thing led to another, tempers frayed and well, we all know where that goes.

To be frank, I have lost interest in the subject matter of that forum, it was a Pipe smoker and collectors community, no, I haven't lost interest in the basis of the community just the idea of my running such a community. I would love dearly to run a more down to Earth spiritual community. Something closely connected to Mother Earth but without the weird religious stuff that tends to go with that sort of thing, more appreciation of the Great Mother through experiencing her wonder and beauty. Who could possibly be interested in that sort of thing, I mean aside from myself of course, most folk are so wrapped up in their turbo-paced lives they have lost touch with the fact that we are also a part of the great chain of life, maybe one day, who can say.
 
Y

yonandhaline

Guest
Just created my account here, and its so awesome, nice to meet you too
 

doanhhoang79

New member
Welcome to you. Congratulations! You have accepted with free hosting today. I wish it comes soon with me. I am new gigalicous too:smile:
 

Sander k

New member
doanhhoang79 said:
Welcome to you. Congratulations! You have accepted with free hosting today. I wish it comes soon with me. I am new gigalicous too:smile:

Nope, not really. He is just introducing him self to the board.
 

doanhhoang79

New member
Sander k said:
doanhhoang79 said:
Welcome to you. Congratulations! You have accepted with free hosting today. I wish it comes soon with me. I am new gigalicous too:smile:

Nope, not really. He is just introducing him self to the board.

I know and I also hope to be like him:p
Thanks.