robots.txt

addons/ (plugins etc)

backend/ (admin & assets)
assets/
includes/
lang/
style/

backup/

data/ (this is where the data will be saved)
uploads/
users/

style/ (themes folder)

classic

--------------------------------------------------------------

I`ve used GetSimple cms a fair bit, so I have borrowed some of their structure for now to get the ball rolling. Please feel free to discuss, take charge and your ideas.

Darrcon

DJB said:
Here`s the dev url: http://www.gigarocket.net/gigacms/

Here`s the current layout

Top level
addons/
backend/
backup/
data/
style/
config.php
index.php
notes.txt
robots.txt

addons/ (plugins etc)

backend/ (admin & assets)
assets/
includes/
lang/
style/

backup/

data/ (this is where the data will be saved)
uploads/
users/

style/ (themes folder)

classic

--------------------------------------------------------------

I`ve used GetSimple cms a fair bit, so I have borrowed some of their structure for now to get the ball rolling. Please feel free to discuss, take charge and your ideas.

I clicked your link at the beginning there and got this

Warning: include_once(security_functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/gigalico/public_html/gigacms/backend/includes/common.php on line 25

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening 'security_functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/gigalico/public_html/gigacms/backend/includes/common.php on line 25

Warning: include(basic.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/gigalico/public_html/gigacms/backend/includes/common.php on line 34

Warning: include(basic.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/gigalico/public_html/gigacms/backend/includes/common.php on line 34

Warning: include(): Failed opening 'basic.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/gigalico/public_html/gigacms/backend/includes/common.php on line 34

Warning: include(template_functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/gigalico/public_html/gigacms/backend/includes/common.php on line 35

Warning: include(template_functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/gigalico/public_html/gigacms/backend/includes/common.php on line 35

Warning: include(): Failed opening 'template_functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/gigalico/public_html/gigacms/backend/includes/common.php on line 35

Warning: include(logging.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/gigalico/public_html/gigacms/backend/includes/common.php on line 36

Warning: include(logging.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/gigalico/public_html/gigacms/backend/includes/common.php on line 36

Warning: include(): Failed opening 'logging.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/gigalico/public_html/gigacms/backend/includes/common.php on line 36

Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_root_path() in /home/gigalico/public_html/gigacms/backend/includes/common.php on line 38

belltown

GigaCMS sounds like it could be an interesting development project. I don't have much (any) experience with CMS's although I can definitely see their benefit, and if I were developing a web site that was going to be maintained by users with little technical knowledge, or a site with constantly-updated content, then I'd definitely consider using one.

I am curious, however, as to the motivation behind developing a new CMS when there are already dozens, if not hundreds, of existing, well-established CMS's out there already. I do see the value of such an exercise as a learning tool, but who would actually want to use such a CMS, other than its developers? What features or advantages would GigaCMS provide over other CMS's such as Joomla, Drupal and Wordpress, CMS's that are made up of hundreds of thousands of lines of code, that have required hundreds of man-years of development and come with hundreds or thousands of add-ons, plugins and themes, etc?

Just curious.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
The ideology of the project is for those involved to expand on their knowledge and learn new skills. It`s certainly not going to be an easy feat, but it`s completely possibly.