Hubic File Storage Provider

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone had the pleasure of trying out the file hosting service from www.hubic.com ? They are relatively new service on the file hosting service scene. They are powered by the same network provider that Gigalicous.com hire our infrastructure from.

I have signed up for a free Hubic which they give free 25GB account storage, in my opinion it's perfect for storing backups. They also offer more storage at a cost, it's cheap enough though.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
I'll definitely try them out Chris. Haven't had a need for a file host yet, but probably will when my contract for work ends next year and I may not have access to desktop computers.

GigaGreg

Staff member
Oh this one look amazing as the phone app is free, mycloud wasn't free, but with this i will have an access to my data even on my phone so its really great and 25 gb is lots.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Hazem said:
I am serious , sometimes it goes down to 4 :(
Guess you must be watching that number like a hawk. Just don't know how you can work with that. Mine is not that very high, and it doesn't feel even 25% of what the stats say it's supposed to be, but does work.

3077128537.png

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Genesis said:
Hazem said:
I am serious , sometimes it goes down to 4 :(
Guess you must be watching that number like a hawk. Just don't know how you can work with that. Mine is not that very high, and it doesn't feel even 25% of what the stats say it's supposed to be, but does work.

This is what the Speedtest in the UAE is doesn't feel that speed at all.

3074107544.png

codemaster42

This look really nice. I might sign up for there 25gb plan as a secondary backup. I think there servers are located in uk so that would make a great offshore backup solution.

GigaGreg

Staff member
Yeah it is very good because the app on smartphones is free and u have instant access to your files. You can compare it with dropbox, but hubic gives you more space.

speedsonic

i would this one if my file storage runs out of space. i been using 4shared for most of my files and teaching purposes ..

codemaster42

speedsonic said:
i would this one if my file storage runs out of space. i been using 4shared for most of my files and teaching purposes ..

Or you can use this one as a second place to backup. You cant have to many backup points.

http://www.dnforum.com/ is a sometimes a great place to buy a domain, but be careful as you are dealing one on one with each other. Its all private sales.