I am my country

alqutob

Hello guys

In this topic I look forward to hear your opinion about a project of building some websites for marketing my country as a tourist country.

This idea came to my mind today after I read a subject talking about the decline in tourism in my country Jordan, which contains many historic archaeological sites.
Jordan is my country , officially the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, an Arab kingdom in the Middle East.
To know more about Jordan you may visit this link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan.

So, I am planning to launch many websites talking about my country and the historical cities in it.
For this purpose I created some free dot.tk domains to prepare the project.

The domains are : iamjordan.tk, Jordan

iampetra.tk, Petra

iamjerash.tk Jerash

and iamaqaba.tk . Aqaba Gulf

I may use oxwall social networking software platform
http://oxwall.org

or ocportal content portal script
http://ocportal.com.

Any opinion may help,
Thank you

_Hoh_

Who do you want to visit your country?

what kind of tourism do you want to receive?

You have the technical idea, but what is your strategy?

alqutob

_Hoh_ said:
Who do you want to visit your country?

what kind of tourism do you want to receive?

You have the technical idea, but what is your strategy?

Yes, exactly ! I need such points of view to take them into consideration for the project.
One of my friends who is specialized in Human Resourses said :
For whom you want to steer the project and how

He recommended to use Oxwall script as a social networking software platform to give the project more Vitality .

@_Hoh_
Thank you

Yozora

@"alqutob"
Sounds like a great idea!
I second the idea of figuring out who your main audience is. If it's English speakers, I don't know about Jordan specifically, but the Middle East in general kind of has a reputation as "dangerous" among Americans because of all the war footage they show on the news here, which heavily influences the public perception of a place. I don't know how true it all is, but I know I'd be a little hesitant to go to the Middle East because of things I've heard about inequalities in the treatment of women there. Unfortunately, I don't know much about Jordan itself though.

So I think if you're targeting English speakers, emphasizing that Jordan is safe, has lots of places worth visiting, and would be able to accommodate tourists in English might be a good idea.

alqutob

@"Yozora"

The site will be directed to all foreigners, including Arabs, and so the site will be bilingual (English and Arabic), and we may use the oxwall software as I am the one who had translated this software into Arabic

Oxwall.png

With respect to security, safety, Jordan is one of the safest countries in the region and is visited by a lot of Americans and the British and the French, and we have visitors from Asian countries such as China, Japan, who come often to visit the ancient city of Petra one of the seven wonders.
As for the freedoms granted to women, Jordan, although it preserves the traditions of East and religious traditions but gives women greater rights, Jordan is one of the first countries to call for interfaith dialogue away from intolerance and ignorance.
What you hear from the media is represented a small group rebelled against the law and religion and all countries met to fight and eliminate its evil.

Thank you very much

Yozora

@"alqutob"
Oh, that's pretty neat that you're making it bilingual!

Yeah, the news tends to focus on extremists, because it makes for more exciting news than mentioning that there are a lot of normal people in each country doing good things. It can give people a somewhat distorted view of the world.

I'm glad that you'll be helping show the world what's great about your country! Good luck!

pan1

Dont forget to provide news section to keep people come regularly to your site.:clapping:

alqutob

@"pan1"
Yes, Sure ... it may be one of the best features that can tell visitors that you are serious about your project ... and I will create another section for visitors personal experience to talk about.

You may guys come soon to test my first site http://iamjordan.tk as gigarank accepted today my request for my shared hosting account .

Thank you