I'm a bit confused...

Inception

New member
I'm a bit confused here, do I have to make 10 posts before I actually apply for a domain? That's a bit strange, what's the point in it? Is it some sort of verification to make sure you are not a bot trying to overload the servers?
 

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Inception said:
Is it some sort of verification to make sure you are not a bot trying to overload the servers?

That is exactly why, it also roots out most of the spammers and people who use nulled scripts. Plus we are trying to build a great webmaster community hub.
 

Inception

New member
Oh, makes sense. :) Thanks, though there's not much to post about here, I guess I'll just do what comes to mind
 

Hazem

New member
Inception said:
I'm a bit confused here, do I have to make 10 posts before I actually apply for a domain? That's a bit strange, what's the point in it? Is it some sort of verification to make sure you are not a bot trying to overload the servers?
After you make 10 quality posts you may request Free Hosting
 

dazzleglamnails

New member
Yes, there are a few other web hosting sites where they require you to post a certain amount in their forum to be eligible for free web hosting. I feel that the time it takes to post in the forum is worth the free hosting package, if you don't have the money or you just don't want to pay.
 

binghipagh

New member
I think it's a pretty good idea. I'm impressed with the way it works here as you get a feel for the community and hopefully along the way get the chance to make some friends and also learn a few things from professionals.
 

ha_97

New member
I would prefer to have a free trial period, with some features disabled (e.g. mail).
This is because I just want to try the service before applying for paid hosting.
I do not have much things to post...
 

Genesis

Administrator
That won't work for us ha_97. We are a post for host service. And we also need to trust that you are able to communicate with us in English and that we can rely on you to be a responsible user of our hosting space.

There are obviously Websites where everything is automated and you don't need to make posts. So if post to host is not your thing, maybe you will be better served at those Websites.
 

murderous-ink

New member
Genesis said:
That won't work for us ha_97. We are a post for host service. And we also need to trust that you are able to communicate with us in English and that we can rely on you to be a responsible user of our hosting space.

There are obviously Websites where everything is automated and you don't need to make posts. So if post to host is not your thing, maybe you will be better served at those Websites.

Certified newbie to gigarank - I'm curious as to what qualifies as a 'quality' post?
 

Genesis

Administrator
murderous-ink said:
Genesis said:
That won't work for us ha_97. We are a post for host service. And we also need to trust that you are able to communicate with us in English and that we can rely on you to be a responsible user of our hosting space.

There are obviously Websites where everything is automated and you don't need to make posts. So if post to host is not your thing, maybe you will be better served at those Websites.

Certified newbie to gigarank - I'm curious as to what qualifies as a 'quality' post?

Probably a good idea to read through the Guidelines for Quality Posts. And particularly note the following content in it:

Members are required to make 10 QUALITY POSTS in order to qualify for Website space. Posts that are not considered quality posts will not be credited as quality posts.

The following are guidelines as to what quality posts are - and are not.

1. Short one-liner posts are not considered quality posts. If you are stating your opinion on something, tell us why you think so. Of course, not every post you make can be paragraph-length. But in general, try to keep the majority of your posts of a good length.

2. Make sure you write more than just a random word or a smiley .... not only is this very annoying, but it may be considered spam and sent to the trash can.