Importance tips for Website!

Polendravid

New member
Website is the part of business so it should be design in such a way that keep visitors for a long time.
Add all the relevent contents, business pictures, use selevtice colors and latest graphics.

Business can increase by internet marketing because mostly of people are using internet all the time. So website is the best way to attract them and sell business items.
 

Genesis

Administrator
Polendravid said:
Website is the part of business so it should be design in such a way that keep visitors for a long time.
Add all the relevent contents, business pictures, use selevtice colors and latest graphics.

Business can increase by internet marketing because mostly of people are using internet all the time. So website is the best way to attract them and sell business items.
I've just returned from a brief holiday in Oman, and one thing I learned when I was checking mobile phones, is that while people can survive without the Internet, they can't survive without Facebook apparently. Nokia is trying to capture the market with cheap mobile phones that have cheap Internet that is limited to Facebook. The story that told me was that Facebook and Twitter are almost greater prerequisites than a Website, as one can easily create a Web page in Facebook for quick marketing. But these days no one can afford not to have social marketing via Facebook and Twitter.

I'm not saying that one shouldn't have a Website, just that Facebook is enormously powerful for social marketing. To the extent that Nokia's decided to focus on it. If one has only half an hour for marketing something, then a quick page in Facebook would work. Can't help but wonder what deal Nokia and Facebook cut with one another.
 

nijat

New member
Yup I'm agree with you bro, Website is your online presence, doesn't matters if its business or personal website.
 
What do you all use more of, images or text? I would think that images go a long way, but finding the right balance between text and images is the way to go. What do you think?
 

Genesis

Administrator
Agreed. But I'd say there is a third equally importantelement that is important and that is white space. I like to see a balance of white space with images and text. I also like minimalist design. Say as little as possible in simple words with major positive impact that every one can understand. Don't clutter with images. Allow for plenty of space so as to provide added impact value to the images and the text.

Our owner, Chris is great with this. If you have time available to check what I mean by the value of white space you can check out his Website and templates below:

http://www.sitebee.co.uk/free-css-templates/

You could also check out the collection of templates at his Website:

http://html5-templates.co.uk
 

helpremember

New member
Genesis said:
Agreed. But I'd say there is a third equally importantelement that is important and that is white space. I like to see a balance of white space with images and text. I also like minimalist design. Say as little as possible in simple words with major positive impact that every one can understand. Don't clutter with images. Allow for plenty of space so as to provide added impact value to the images and the text.

Our owner, Chris is great with this. If you have time available to check what I mean by the value of white space you can check out his Website and templates below:

http://www.sitebee.co.uk/free-css-templates/

You could also check out the collection of templates at his Website:

http://html5-templates.co.uk

Thanks for speaking up for white space. As someone who has worked various kinds of design for a while now, I know that getting clients/customers to appreciate white space can sometimes be a pretty hard sell. Personally, clutter can be a big aesthetic turn off. And the great thing about web design is that the space doesn't even have to be "white", it can be your favorite color!
 

GigaGreg

Moderator
Staff member
Also remember that your company website have to be brilliant and professional and that is important, otherwise you won't get your customers and sell your product.
 

Genesis

Administrator
helpremember said:
Thanks for speaking up for white space. As someone who has worked various kinds of design for a while now, I know that getting clients/customers to appreciate white space can sometimes be a pretty hard sell. Personally, clutter can be a big aesthetic turn off. And the great thing about web design is that the space doesn't even have to be "white", it can be your favorite color!
Agreed. I actually meant empty space, don't know where I got white space from. Empty space can be any colour as you said.
 

dxverm

New member
I agree with Genesis, you should always equal out a good design with some empty space, I usually utilize the background design for most of my empty space, then keep some on the actual content area as well to balance it out.
 

lestaria

New member
Dedication is absolutely a must when owning a website. If you're not dedicated to your site, it's not going to go far. The key to having a successful website is to stay dedicated no matter what. I'm sure there are other "keys" or important things when it comes to owning a website, but being a dedicated owner will make you go far! You don't want to open a site and then update once every several months. That's how websites die. Well, not "die" as in literally speaking but "die" as in become inactive.
 

Genesis

Administrator
That is very true Lestaria. Very easy to "feel" when a Website has been neglected. Lack of dedication usually results in security issues as well when the software and plug-ins are not regularly updated, and particularly spam, which could put the Bandwidth usage through the roof, and result in instant suspension of the Website. Hackers obviously thrive on abandoned Websites, hacking their way in through the interactive parts of the Website or modifying the Admin account.