Increase CPU fan speed of a laptop

mariolatif741

Hello,

I have an Acer Aspire 5732Z and I wanted to increase the speed of the CPU's fan of it.
I've Googled a lot but it seems that's not possible on my laptop.

I've looked into my BIOS settings too and found no options on it.

Is there's any way for it?

Thanks!

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Have you Googled the Acer Website on Acer Aspire 5732Z? Your best chances for a good answer will be to either ask at their site - they'll probably prompt you for your computer model info etc. or check whether there is a discussion forum and whether there are topics on fans.

idlerek12

You can modify this fan to control it, but it will take some time and patience to do this. Default fans are not controllable.

GndZ3r0

81pshLxIIKL._SL1500_.jpg

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NACVLWM/

hunky

Now days every CPU/GPU comes with this variable speed step technology. To save power & maximizing battery life, CPU will throttle down to lowest possible clock speed when ever it finds the system being idle or under used. Once the CPU & entire system throttle down, heat comes down & fan speed reduces itself accordingly.

Once system is put under load, CPU/GPU jumps back to higher frequencies & it starts to produce more heat, automatically system speeds up the fan to counter the same.

Normally all manufacturers ship their laptops with next to nothing user editable BIOS options & hardly there is anything you can do at software level to force the FAN to speed at its highest RPM all the time.

Thanks.