iPhone 5S / 5C

Mike-Hinata

Anyone anticipating the new iPhone coming out after the press release Apple has scheduled for September 10th?

I have the 4s, and looking forward to upgrading here shortly. I am wondering if the iPhone 4s will retain its trade in value of $199? That would be sweet to almost upgrade for next to nothing.

Mike

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
I thought i4 was still in good shape and VERY popular? Why do you feel the need to upgrade it? But yes, I guess if it's trade-in value is high, that could be a motivation. I'd be careful though. I don't own an i4, but if I had one, I'd wait to see what i5 does for at least a few months, before I traded my i4 for it.

Mike-Hinata

Genesis said:
I thought i4 was still in good shape and VERY popular? Why do you feel the need to upgrade it? But yes, I guess if it's trade-in value is high, that could be a motivation. I'd be careful though. I don't own an i4, but if I had one, I'd wait to see what i5 does for at least a few months, before I traded my i4 for it.

Don't get me wrong, I love my iPhone 4S, but I do want a bigger screen. I am running iOS 7 and it is awesome. Though, there is some features that will only be available to iPhone 5S I am sure, that is normally how they do it with the 'S' release. I guess we will wait and see. Anyone plan on watching the coverage?

Mike

Mike-Hinata

softer said:
I have the 4, and looking forward to upgrading here shortly and cloud

You haven't upgraded to the iPhone 5?
I was going to upgrade to the 5, but got wind through MacRumors.com & 9to5mac.com that iPhone 5S would be released shortly.

Mike

Mike-Hinata

aleksikzoran said:
I was about to buy 5, but i'll def. wait for the 5S!

Yeah, I am just hoping that trade-in value kind of holds or stays similar to what they are now for the iPhone 4S. I got offered $200 and I know I could sell it for more on eBay or other similar services, but this way I do not have to deal with meeting a stranger from online and plus it is like trading a phone in.

~Mike

dhhd

iphone-5c-6.jpeg

Do you like iphone 5c?
This is new items of Apple.
Give me a answer.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Moved above post/thread from non-specific sub-forum and merged it with this thread.

GigaGreg

Staff member
iPhone 5s is pretty awesome. I have tried to use my friends iPhone 5s and it didn't even let me to unlock the phone? Thats great :)

Opal

My sister got iPhone 5 after she had sold me her iPhone 4, and is complaining because the much shorter battery life of iPhone 5. May happen that she wants to switch back, so I could be owning an iPhone 5. Got pretty awesome bells and whistles, although I'm very happy with iPhone4.

GigaGreg

Staff member
I like that idea of iPhone 5s for finger print, no one can access your phone :). also the Air Drop, I don't have that on my iPhone 4, also I don't have itunes radio :(

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I hear the fingerprint scanner has been cracked on the iPhone 5s, that true?

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk 4

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Personally I think adding the fingerprint scanner is just a gimmick. I don't see any real use for it. For example you know in winter when your touchscreen is very slow to respond will the fingerprint scanner work then?

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk 4

GigaGreg

Staff member
Finger print scanner just stop the kids from buying apps from app store. And i have no idea, probably would work, or i might be wrong, no idea.

Opal

Sitebee said:
Personally I think adding the fingerprint scanner is just a gimmick.
Agreed. Apple just thinking up something that could give them a marketing edge. I don't see the use for it either. I'd rather that it concentrated on improved memory and more battery power. All of these silly gadgets eat up memory and battery power.