Is there a plug-in for incorporating Excel/Access Database with WordPress?

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Today I have been unsuccessfully searching for a WordPress theme/plugin where one can add an Excel database to a WordPress site. It's difficult to get my search results right, as the moment Google sees database and WordPress it automatically assumes it's mySQL. I have an excel spreadsheet database that is a collection of abstracts and authors. Do you know whether there is a theme/plugin where one could incorporate an excel database - or something similar? I.e. how could I add an external database like Excel to the Wordpress site?

OR

Is there a simple solution/software for creating a Website from an Excel Database? I'm now exploring Webmatrix. But was hoping for something a little more simple and less time consuming.

WOW, it was a shot in the dark when I found it. There was other info I had found on the subject. Also not, you can also find a scanner that will scan your wordpress plugins for security issues also.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
strokerace said:
WOW, it was a shot in the dark when I found it. There was other info I had found on the subject. Also not, you can also find a scanner that will scan your wordpress plugins for security issues also.
Am curious, what was the other info on the subject?

I'd be interested to know if there are any plugins that would allow embedding MS Access in Wordpress. Right now, I don't need it, but I bet I could find a use for that