Is There a Tool for Getting a Color Code From an Online Image?

Anomie

I'm thinking there must be -- maybe a Firefox plugin or something -- so you can just click on a color in any online image and have the hex code for it pop up.

Yes? No?

As always, thanks for any help!

pan1

Inspect element can do this. Try to use color picker on color style and point it to the image.

Anomie

pan1 said:
Inspect element can do this. Try to use color picker on color style and point it to the image.
ColorPicker works great in Firefox. Just what I needed.

pan1

Anomie said:
pan1 said:
ColorPicker works great in Firefox. Just what I needed.

Yups.. It works great on Chrome too. Dunno with the IE..:lol:

aya

I'd rather screen shot the pic & drop it into photoshop than run an extra app, though saying that you can always disable the app

fouadChk

Anomie said:
I'm thinking there must be -- maybe a Firefox plugin or something -- so you can just click on a color in any online image and have the hex code for it pop up.

Yes? No?

As always, thanks for any help!

techcodestorm

Thanks for the info on colorzilla its always good to have a new tool for the old toolbelt..
its always good to have something you need already before you actually need it.. :wacko:

Anomie

fouadChk said:
I'm amazed that no one didn't mention the built-in Firefox 'Eyedropper' (included for years now in the Tools > Web developer menu)

I'm amazed...that was there all the time and they went and wrote these plugins that did esentially the identical thing.