Local music community website based on wordpress

pan1

Hey guys, right now I am creating website for local musician using wordpress as cms. Many thanks for @"rockforlife", he told me many things about how creating a good music website. Feel free to give some advice about the website. Here is the link SUM | #supportyourlocalband

GigaBot

Administrator
Your website really looks good and professional, but I think you shouldn't use Free domain name. All you need is about 10 dollars maximum and everything would be much, much better with proper .com, .net, .org ... Domain name.

pan1

Yups, this domain is for testing only. When I have at least 10 band profile published at the website, I will buy TDL domain.

GigaBot

Administrator
pan1 said:
Yups, this domain is for testing only. When I have at least 10 band profile published at the website, I will buy TDL domain.

Well that would be great. Otherwise I am also an amateur musician I had my own band when I was younger, so you have my support definitely about that kind of website!

pan1

Thanks @"misharnet" .
misharnet said:
Well that would be great. Otherwise I am also an amateur musician I had my own band when I was younger, so you have my support definitely about that kind of website!

Awesome, we have a lot musician here. :yahoo:

GigaGreg

Staff member
I only dislike the grey colour of the navbar, everything else looks professional and amazing, well done buddy!

pan1

iGdesigner said:
I only dislike the grey colour of the navbar, everything else looks professional and amazing, well done buddy!

Thanks, actually its design is not something original made up by me. I am using popular music website eg. reverbnation and soundcloud as references.

GigaGreg

Staff member
I know, understand, you could fiddle with it anyway ;)

And thats a good start I believe. I use a lot of websites as references too :)

pan1

Now, aside from TLD, what should I do to make my website become more better? Do I need CDN? I mean, it will host lot of image and audio.