Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 Shot Down

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I doubt you could have escaped the new today, yesterday a commercial airliner was shot down over Ukraine airspace with almost 300 people on-board.

Very tragic indeed, I hope there is a full UN investigation and the people responsible brought to justice.

314189-f6d917c4-0e0a-11e4-b832-315b08e711dd.jpg

_76341052_76341051.jpg

iocPF9M_O9OA.jpg

buk.jpg

jaran

RIP to MH17 victims. So far, ran a total of 11 Indonesian people are among the victims of MH17. Possible number of victims of our country will increase.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
I just find it horrible how the remains of the passengers has been treated. It's like adding insult to an already great injury. Hope the Netherlands can finesse something with Russia as looks as though Russia seems to be behind the bombing as well as has been manipulating all of the evidence as well.

Must say however I cannot believe that any passenger plane would choose a route over a terrorist area. How on earth did that happen?

Sander k

Terrorists uselly don't have weapons like that.
Our nation has become the victum in this while it was a malasian aircraft.

Personally I didnt know any of the victums, but it still hurts a lot.
I think that our nation should attack the terrorists with all the military force we got.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
I'm really sorry about all the Dutch who lost their lives. That was a huge number and a fair percentage of the Dutch population, particularly when family and friends are included. A national disaster. Although the separatists are guilty of firing the missiles, I believe some of the blame has to go to the Croatia Government, Malaysia Airlines, IATA and all those who put civilian air planes in the air space just above a war zone. Amazingly bad luck for Malaysian Airlines as there were a few other airlines who were flying through that airspace as well. Think when there is an investigation the international aviation authorities should work on creating tighter control over approval of air space in combat zones. I still can't understand why planes were flying in air space directly above a war zone. Someone surely should take responsibility for that as well.

theraven

This Ukraine and Russia conflict is getting out of hand. Other nations are being affected, UN should really step up to resolve this conflict.
I think the blame should be put on Ukraine because they still let airlines fly through their airspace. Malaysia could also be blamed because they didn't heed warnings about flying through a warzone.
Condolences to the Netherlands. They don't deserve the grief they're going through.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
I was watching on TV the procession of the 40 caskets being transported to Hilversum yesterday during an official day of mourning, and wow, I've always thought highly of the Netherlands but I take my hat off to them for organizing a public event like this. What a wonderful way to try and compensate for the awful way the victims' remains had been treated just after they had been shot down. I'm sure there must be an international law about how civilian victims need to be treated and what the Croatian separatists had done could be classified as crime against humanity.

Pauline

Definitely very sad. Particularly for the Netherlands. And looks as though it is going to take a long time for the relatives to get closure.