Marriage?

Do people change substantially after marriage?

• Yes, they change greatly

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No, they are basically the same

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

TidyNeat

:friends:So, I was talking to my friend and I asked if he was going to get married, now that he can. His reply was that he was in an 18 year relationship and he thinks that getting married would ruin the magic. Do people really change after marriage?

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
I often hear from my married friends that they take on some of the characteristics of their partners, it molds them into something different. Marriage is a very close relationship (for most couples) with working through what is good and not so good, sometimes with plenty of battles in "give and take" from one another, and it's logical that things would rub off one another that change how the couple may do things from the way they used to do it before. Their basic personalities may stay the same, but the way they do things may change. Depending on how they adapt to living "close" with the other person. Some may even become dishonest as the marriage may not work and pretending it does, and their personality change into not being able to be open and honest with their family and friends as they used to be before.