More than one domain per account

Snowflake

Hi! I think I asked about this before but I can't find my post and I have been reading the terms and conditions and that's not mentioned there so, my question is...

I have my site and domain, would it be possible to create a subdomain (ex blog.mydomain.com) --- I know the subdomain is possible, and I know we can park and add new domains to our account, I just am not clear if the domains have to redirect to the same domain or if they can be associated with subdomains?

like this:

maindomain.com
blog.maindomain.com with the addition of another domain ex: blogdomain.com

Can this be done on the free package?

Thanks for everything x

admin

Administrator
Staff member
On the free hosting you can have 10 Addon/Parked Domains.

You can host upto 11 websites.

You can create as many sub-domains per website as you require.

Be warned, free hosting accounts do have a resource limit, if you breach that limit for one of the domains, it could affect other websites/domains you host on your account.

Hope that helps.

GigaGreg

Staff member
Make sure that you use addon domain feature for the main domains you wish to use and sub domains for i.e. blog.mysite.com.

Snowflake

Thanks to both of you for answering so fast!! :good: Happy to know! I would rather have two accounts for each site - one being paid, but as I am starting a new site/blog it will take some time to get hits etc, so for now I will host it under my account.

DJB said:
Be warned, free hosting accounts do have a resource limit, if you breach that limit for one of the domains, it could affect other websites/domains you host on your account.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for reminding me. If that happens I will move one of the sites to one of the paid packages - can it be moved? But I don't think I will reach the resource limit for many years to come. :wacko:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
My advice!

If you have a paid account with us, use that for the important aspects of your websites (stuff you need and rely on)

Our free hosting is good, but as I keep saying it should only be used for small websites and development work. If you think your website will receive a significant amount of hits / traffic. We cannot guarantee all the visitors will reach it.

Snowflake

What is a significant amount of hits? It's just going to be my personal blog... I had my blog for 6 years and I never got that many hits daily, it won't change now. As for my design site, that will have even less..

In the future, if I need more space or bandwidth or anything else, will I be able to upgrade to paid hosting with more resources?

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
For starters. Have you received double everything on your free hosting yet? As you do qualify. All you have to do is donate 100 points to the @bank. Refer this PM:
http://www.gigarocket.net/forum/thread-1336.html

Then write a support thread saying you have donated the 100 points and want double everything.

For a paid account you need to register for one. You can check all of the options out here and just register. Un4 will set you up and if you need any special assistance on the paid hosting or wishing to upgrade your free hosting you can do that at the same time.
http://www.gigarocket.net/cpanel-hosting.php